Broncos helmets today

Erebus

Reaction score
Why were the Broncos allowed to wear throwback logo helmets? I was under the impression we can’t use our old logo on helmets because we can only have one design on a helmet per year.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
NFL teams can wear throwback helmets, but it has to be the same helmet. This is why you saw the old logo, but on the newer color helmets.

In the 80's and early 90s, the Broncs wore blue helmets with the D logo. DIdn't see that today. They wore the same helmets they have all year, but replaced the logo.

Looks terrible IMO. The old colors mesh better with the old logo. Not the horrible nuclear orange, blue, and old logo combo.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
The No Fun League has some of the most oppressive uniform rules in all of sports.

Slick

Reaction score
Not that I'd want this but we're saying the Seahawks could put an "All Over" sticker/laminate on their current helmet to replicate the 76-01 helmet?

I'd have to assume this is what Tampa Bay has done since their throwback helmet (Bucco Bruce!!!!) is wildly different than the current helmet.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Slick":62jyxcdt said:
Not that I'd want this but we're saying the Seahawks could put an "All Over" sticker/laminate on their current helmet to replicate the 76-01 helmet?

I'd have to assume this is what Tampa Bay has done since their throwback helmet (Bucco Bruce!!!!) is wildly different than the current helmet.

The rule has only been around since 2013. Tampa hasn't worn them since 2012.

chris98251

Reaction score
Has to be a marketing, if you can throwback and have the same colors but different logos I can't think of it being Copyright.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
HawkGA":v49298i1 said:
Does anybody know the logic for the rule?

It is suppose to be a safety issue against concussions which is stupid. College changes their helmets and it wouldn't be hard to find a helmet the exact same size as the original. Also, most NFL players don't where their helmets correctly anyways. Helmets shouldn't just pop off. It should actually take effort to remove from the head.

Latest posts