Hue Jackson sucks - Go Baker Mayfield!

ivotuk

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield's stats with Hue Jackson, and without

With ----- Without

Touchdowns 8 ---- 9

Interceptions 6 ---- 1

Record as starter 1-4 ---- 2-1

I support Baker's right to say what he has said. Hue got fired because he soaked up a bunch of the Brown's money and resources, but, with all of that talent, didn't give anything in return except a losing record. He sucked in Oakland where he convinced them to trade for Carson Palmer, and proceeded to make him look mediocre.

He got fired because he was a horrible coach, and to move to a rival is petty.

Danny O'Neil has taken the approach of "Hey they fired Hue, he has the right to get another job." which is a ludicrous statement.

Hue has millions he's been paid, so he doesn't need the job, there are 30 other teams that might hire him, or he could take the season off, but instead, he chose to go to one of Cleveland's biggest rivals.

Dave Wyman, who I respect, said "Shut up rookie, you haven't done anything yet." I beg to differ. Baker Mayfield has given this team more wins than they've seen in years, and given the long suffering Cleveland fans hope. And it's the kind of fiery personality that Mayfield has that makes him so good. Kudos to him

Finally, what Baker said was no big deal, it's the Media that's turned it in to a Shit Storm of drama. So what if he said he's changed his attitude towards Hue Jackson. He said "Ther's no hate, I'm going to treat him as a rival, and that's how the team should treat it."

Later he called Hue "fake" because he was "in the locker room trying to get us to play hard for him." So what. We don't know what went on in the locker room, but considering Hue's history, it was probably lame.

chris98251

Reaction score
Cable Bevell leaves and team plays better, Jackson leaves and team plays better. You figure out whats right and wrong with these pictures?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":13jd6ei3 said:
Cable Bevell leaves and team plays better, Jackson leaves and team plays better. You figure out whats right and wrong with these pictures?

They need Bevell????

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1c2yb8au said:
chris98251":1c2yb8au said:

They need Bevell????

LOL! Bevell >> Haley

Anybody >> Hue

HawkGA

Reaction score
ivotuk":2kf020l9 said:
Danny O'Neil has taken the approach of "Hey they fired Hue, he has the right to get another job." which is a ludicrous statement.

Hue has millions he's been paid, so he doesn't need the job, there are 30 other teams that might hire him, or he could take the season off, but instead, he chose to go to one of Cleveland's biggest rivals.

This is a ludicrous statement. He went to the Browns from the Bengals. He has connections with the Bengals. It makes sense that he would land there for a mid-season job. It's not like many teams are looking to make a mid-season hire.

I'm happy for Baker, but what he said about not wanting talk to Hue was stupid. He should have said he didn't want to talk to him because he felt like Hue held his career back. That would have been understandable and respectable. But to say it was because he took another job because he got fired? That's stupid.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hue was and is trash at coaching. Not sure how he held onto that job passed one season. Of course the Bungles welcomed him back to make Marvin look better than terrible

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkGA":179t45ea said:
ivotuk":179t45ea said:

This is a ludicrous statement. He went to the Browns from the Bengals. He has connections with the Bengals. It makes sense that he would land there for a mid-season job. It's not like many teams are looking to make a mid-season hire.

I'm happy for Baker, but what he said about not wanting talk to Hue was stupid. He should have said he didn't want to talk to him because he felt like Hue held his career back. That would have been understandable and respectable. But to say it was because he took another job because he got fired? That's stupid.

What?

Qbs end up with different Coaches all the time...and if he thought that he did not want to talk to him because of him taking another job. That is fine. He was probably taught that what he should say is this if this happens. There are coaches for discussing things too and they have an opinion. Remember that the media is gonna spin EVERYTHING the way it wants to. So what even we say/type here would be a spin on what they want to actually mean. I gotta quit drinking and typing. I think....or maybe not. :stirthepot:

Crizilla

Reaction score
wait was there anyone who actually thought Hue was a good coach?

uncle fester

Reaction score
Jackson took the ‘whatever’ position with the Bengals having barely unpacked his bags from Cleveland . It’s no different than a team picking up a rival’s castoff players just before they play each other - and we all know why THAT happens.

Mayfield was right to give Jackson the cold shoulder after the game.

As far as the tone of what Mayfield said? More of that, please. He’s breathing life into a dead franchise - platitudes aren’t going to cut it.

Also; Players are constantly asked questions by journalists desperate for anything that’ll fill the columns. This constant whingeing that players should shut up/do their job/keep their head down Is technically misconduct - it’s in their contracts as a responsibility to talk to the media.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jackson was fired by the Browns. He has a right to work anywhere he is offered a job. He was a Bengals coach before he even coached the Browns. Baker should have kept his mouth shut. However, he opened it up and proved he's an idiot (IMO).

If Tom Cable can have a job so can Hue Jackson (Jackson has a better resume than Cable). Joe Flacco thrived under Jackson (he was the Ravens QB coach when Flacco was drafted). He was the Bengals WR coach when they developed Johnson and TJ Housh. He was the OC for the Raiders when they had one of the top offenses in the league. He was a bad HC but as an assistant coach he's pretty good.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Class.... Have some rookie..... He transferred from TT to Oklahoma but that's ok right?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!

HawkGA

Reaction score
Ambrose83":10dcb8un said:
Class.... Have some rookie..... He transferred from TT to Oklahoma but that's ok right?

His defense of that was that he wasn't getting a scholarship. Apparently that's an okay reason but getting fired isn't.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":12xe9s9v said:
Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

&@$# that!
That's what Sherman said

(I laughed at my own joke. Probably the booze. So this is going in the sig for now)

sc85sis

Reaction score
Baker needs to chill. He’s not exactly the greatest example of making good decisions.

[youtube]8bD4iLxFTAI[/youtube]

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
HawkGA":3m3few1h said:
ivotuk":3m3few1h said:

This makes sense. This goes on ALL the time within the NFL. Coaches return to teams/HC. Players return to coaches.

Hue was in Cleveland too long. He never should have been hired in the first place. And, 0-16? I don't care new coach or not. 0-16 is unacceptable.

Threedee

Reaction score
ivotuk":m3a4zs87 said:
LOL! Bevell >> Haley

Anybody >> Hue

Bevell is certainly not better than Haley, but, Hue has shown he was inept.

That said, Mayfield is struggling today, with two picks already.