Kelvin Benjamin cut by Bills.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Would love to give that guy a shot. Just got cut by the bills. He's played with Newton on a team that I believe is poorly coached and wastes their talented players, then he played for the pitiful Bills. No idea about the cost, no idea about the cap room, etc. . . but would be interested in that.

6'5" 240.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Hands of stone and lazy/no hustle.

A deadly combination. Run in the opposite direction.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Why does every released receiver get billed as the next Seahawks project as if they just got cut for no good reason.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":48h16s1m said:
Why does every released receiver get billed as the next Seahawks project as if they just got cut for no good reason.
Ha Ha I know right?We see this every year and I don't think
anyone has ever gotten their wish.

OP
OP
Hawknballs

Hawknballs

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":12ti1qvb said:

Well for one it's the Bills. And 2 the Panthers in my opinion are synonymous with wasting talent with bad coaching. He missed a season with an injury but in his first season and the one after, combined he totalled about 2000 yards and 16 touchdowns. Not really numbers you put up if you stink. A big tall receiver has been lacking on this team, in my opinion. He's 27, only been in the league 5 years. Hasnt' been productive since he was traded. But again, it's the Bills.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2nwxme7k said:
MontanaHawk05":2nwxme7k said:

Well for one it's the Bills. And 2 the Panthers in my opinion are synonymous with wasting talent with bad coaching. He missed a season with an injury but in his first season and the one after, combined he totalled about 2000 yards and 16 touchdowns. Not really numbers you put up if you stink. A big tall receiver has been lacking on this team, in my opinion. He's 27, only been in the league 5 years. Hasnt' been productive since he was traded. But again, it's the Bills.
I can see John & Pete looking his way hard. The guy doesn't have to run a 4.6 40 as he did 5 years ago at 6'5 240. He is still fast for his size and relatively young. He may improve or reinvent himself with coaching similar to how Cordarrelle Patterson who is 1 year older did with the patriots.

chris98251

Reaction score
More like a younger Mike Williams, but it's all about his head, seems it isn't quite screwed on right.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He needs to lose weight and actually care about football. He looked slow as hell this season and completely uninterested.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be available at the start of next training camp. Camp fodder at whatever vet min for him is (and $0 guaranteed), and see if he figures it out? Getting cut mid-season and seeing his chances slipping away might just wake him the hell up. If not, then too bad so sad.

toffee

Reaction score
Got to wonder how much does he weight now? in the 250-260 range? hopefully the lack of pay checks could wake him up some. he is still young and skill enough.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If there is one thing I've learned over the years, it's that receivers take time to gel with a quarterback. Baldwin is just getting back to his groove, Locket has been a machine all year and the young guys are doing a pretty good job. Our offense is in good shape right now. Can it be improved in the off season? Sure, but I think we roll with what we have barring injuries. Messing with the chemistry now would be a mistake.

knownone

Reaction score
Benjamin is an ideal physical fit for Schottys offense. However, I don't think you make this move in the middle of a playoff race unless someone gets injured. He'd be a great signing in the offseason if he wanted to come in and compete for a position.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I don't understand why receivers are judged by size and weight instead of their ability to actually run routes and catch the rock.
Panthers drafted Benjamin in the first round. He had a so-so rookie season.
Panthers went 15-1 his second season and reached the SB while Benjamin was injured all season.
After the Panthers had enough of him, they traded him so he could be reunited with his former coach, who thought he could fix him and coach him up. lol lol lol lol lol
Benjamin said in camp that Cam couldn't throw and he was glad to finally catch passes from real QBs.
Without Benjamin, Cam is having a career year in completion percentage.
Benjamin had 5 QBs (including Derek Anderson, a former Panther QB) throw to him. He still couldn't catch.
Nobody drops more passes than Benjamin. He can't get separation. He can't shield defenders. He can't catch. He is overweight and doesn't have speed. He doesn't respect his QB. And he doesn't even block well.
The Hawks don't throw often. Why should we throw to a guy who can't catch? Brandon Marshall who dropped balls barely played and was released. Why should we sign Benjamin?

themunn

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1ymdcdx9 said:
Panthers drafted Benjamin in the first round. He had a so-so rookie season.

Look, say what you want about his play the last few years, but you are never going to convince me that 1000 yards and 9 TDs is a "so-so" rookie season.
Even his third (second playing) season coming off an injury wasn't half bad (941 yards and 7 TDs).
His last 2 seasons have been pretty poor, but his size makes him a mismatch for anyone - now he's just signed with the Chiefs and is likely going to be yet another huge weapon for them.

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":2fgw8urz said:
More like a younger Mike Williams, but it's all about his head, seems it isn't quite screwed on right.

Excellent comp.