The Patriots Lose in Freak Fashion

bmorepunk

Reaction score
69 yard pass with 7 seconds left. Laterals. Gronk missing a tackle at the end zone. It has it all.

Start watching at 10:15.

[youtube]NjCXGo6oHyY[/youtube]

HAPPY DANCE TIME

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Apparently Gronk subbed in for McCourty. Even Belechick does things that just make you go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, although people have tried to convince me in the past that he's essentially infallible.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Couldn't happen to a better team. :179417:

Honestly, the Patriots always seem to manage to lose one stupid game to an inferior divisional opponent every season. Usually Miami, sometimes the Jets, and once in a blue moon, Buffalo.

253hawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2za3ui0j said:
Apparently Gronk subbed in for McCourty. Even Belechick does things that just make you go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, although people have tried to convince me in the past that he's essentially infallible.

I guess he was worried that 1-legged Tannehill was going to somehow bomb a 75 yarder into the end zone.

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
They're now 9-4 and the Chiefs have a two game lead on them. The chance that we see them in the Super Bowl is much lower if they have to go win a playoff game on the road. They've played in only two playoff road games since 2013 and lost them both (to the Broncos).

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
253hawk":munn8n4h said:
bmorepunk":munn8n4h said:

I guess he was worried that 1-legged Tannehill was going to somehow bomb a 75 yarder into the end zone.

Supposedly Gronk is part of the standard package, and Gronk said they only practice hail mary plays, not this craziness.

253hawk

Reaction score
And hail marys usually get into the end zone. That's about 75 yards from where Tannehill was. Even Rodgers' heave against the Lions was only 67 in the air. Bonehead move by Billy.

mrblitz

Reaction score
that was an all-time highlight reel play. the only thing missing were the band.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I’m loving watching the Patriots this season. Three blowout losses. Now this miraculous decision by Belichick to use an injured Gronk to defend the Hail Mary. So perfect. Coach of the Year he ain’t.

If they played in any other division, the Patriots would have a losing record. I think we could see a 4th blowout loss for them at Pittsburgh.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Their division most years is like this year's NFC West less the Rams. They have the division title given to them every year and just have to concentrate on beating the out of division foes to secure a bye. They do struggle @ Miami. They're something like 7-10 there with Brady.

Fade

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":naw7z3e6 said:
Their division most years is like this year's NFC West less the Rams. They have the division title given to them every year and just have to concentrate on beating the out of division foes to secure a bye. They do struggle @ Miami. They're something like 7-10 there with Brady.
Pretty much this.

I would be far more critical if they didn't consistently deliver in the playoffs, but it is true
they have the easiest road nearly every season.

The Seahawks almost had the same setup, but then the Rams went and hired McVay.

OP
OP
bmorepunk

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Fade":3s7uptob said:
OrangeGravy":3s7uptob said:
Pretty much this.

I would be far more critical if they didn't consistently deliver in the playoffs, but it is true

Their consistency is only really there when they get the one seed and don't have to go on the road. And they laid that turd at home against Baltimore in 2012 when they had the two seed.

They're the best ever. But that doesn't mean they consistently win. Having the other teams in the division be abysmal seemingly year to year does help, though.

Fade

Reaction score
This gaff I would say takes BB out of the running. Carroll just has to clear the Nagy hurdle and the award is his.

Fade

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2bqzmoe7 said:
Fade":2bqzmoe7 said:
OrangeGravy":2bqzmoe7 said:
Pretty much this.

Their consistency is only really there when they get the one seed and don't have to go on the road. And they laid that turd at home against Baltimore in 2012 when they had the two seed.

They're the best ever. But that doesn't mean they consistently win. Having the other teams in the division be abysmal seemingly year to year does help, though.

They have played in 10 straight AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES or something like that. If they were frauds they would have been exposed years ago. They would have been upset in the divisional round far more often.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fade":1iezo7v3 said:
This gaff I would say takes BB out of the running. Carroll just has to clear the Nagy hurdle and the award is his.
Naw, they’d give it Jason Garret. ‘merica’s team and all that BS.