Reggie McKenzie to be Fired

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it appears all those picks that Oakland has will be chosen by someone else, is it going to be Gruden or are they going to bring in Allen from the Skins after he gets fired ?

sdog1981

Reaction score
He was not the problem. He is going to make another teams front office stronger.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":3nihr2fq said:
He was not the problem. He is going to make another teams front office stronger.

Agreed he built the team that was pretty decent with players, Gruden shows up and all of a sudden there is Mack and Copper gone and they are shining elsewhere, they cut others. Can't help but think he was a paper GM after Gruden showed up.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Gruden is going to clean every bit of that house that he possibly can, and rebuild it from the ground up. It's either going to be an epic failure, or an epic success. There really is no middle ground at this point.

Vesuve

Reaction score
And Mark Davis gave Gruden a 10 year contract. A bit long, IMO.

We shall what transpires.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Raider dumpster fire...I LOVE it.
The best part is...….Cable is still there.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Eh, Raiders really can't be judged for another 3ish years, I doubt McKenzie had any say this season. Gruden bulldozed the roster and will shape the team in his vision for the Vegas move....ultimately a hero or keep the Raiders in the basement. I understand wanting to restock with draft picks, but trading Khalil Mack still makes no sense to me. Cornerstone defensive leader with a ton of years left to play for a gamble draft pick. Cooper I get, he looks like a different player in Dallas and wasn't really performing in Oakland.

Threedee

Reaction score
If you're trying to stage a tank job, I don't see why you fire the GM who was successfully executing it, all while stashing all of those draft picks.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Vesuve":wrz9wchp said:

10 years and a percent of the ownership. Gruden is part of the Raiders forever now. If they fire him they will have to buy out his percentage of the ownership.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Don't care about Gruden, frankly hope he succeeds. McKenzie had to know that when Gruden started getting rid of solid players for draft picks it was the end of the line for his tenure in Oakland.

Reggie McKenzie is a solid personnel assessor, he is friends with JS and could be a nice add to the pile here. I hope his contract allows him to double dip, b/c McKenzie's contribution at draft time would be a useful thing to assist a solid personnel crew be even stronger.

He'd be able after the year to move on to another situation if he wanted the bosses job.

Vesuve

Reaction score
sdog1981":xhx54vsb said:
Vesuve":xhx54vsb said:

10 years and a percent of the ownership. Gruden is part of the Raiders forever now. If they fire him they will have to buy out his percentage of the ownership.

Jaysus,

Didn't know that.

Mark Davis is dduuuummbb.