Congrats Pete...you got another one fired!!

Seymour

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1072535288679931909[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
Yep! Everyone thinks we are suppose to suck and losing to us is a really bad sign.

That was a stupid firing.....Cousins was a deer in the headlights.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I guess you can't fire the $84 Million dollar failure at QB... That'd make the GM look bad!

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Someone losing their job is nothing to celebrate.

But it does drive home the point that Schottenheimer was a excellent hire. We needed to revitalize the running game. Schottenheimer has taken us from worst to first. Passing game is also remarkably efficient.

sdog1981

Reaction score
So you can fire an OC in the middle of the season......interesting.....

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Remember when this site was slobbering all over Filippo? Sometimes fans aren't as smart as we think....

Seymour

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2szqe5ph said:
Shouldn't this be a NFL thread?

Not if the Seahawks caused it.....clearly we did. You could PM a mod and try to get it removed if you want to. :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2i8lq10b said:

But it does drive home the point that Schottenheimer was a excellent hire. We needed to revitalize the running game. Schottenheimer has taken us from worst to first. Passing game is also remarkably efficient.

WRONG!!!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/951209077559955457[/tweet]

Sac

Reaction score
LOL

Seymour":2ktx5jzn said:
hawknation2018":2ktx5jzn said:

WRONG!!!!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/951209077559955457[/tweet]

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawknation2018":328rmpnt said:

I’m sure the guys kids won’t be going hungry this Christmas and he will land a QB coach job somewhere this offseason. NFL coaches getting fired is not comparable to your neighbor Bob getting let go from his manager job at Lowe’s.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
It’s a part of the business, admittedly. Still, it’s nothing to celebrate. It’s similar to an injury to an opponent. Part of the game, yes. But to cheer about it would be in poor taste.

And this is coming from someone who never wanted to hire DeFilippo in the first place because he had “little to no experience calling plays” and was not well versed in the run game. He was the in vogue hire of the moment solely because the Eagles were fortunate enough to win a Super Bowl.

seedhawk

Reaction score
If deFillipo is Minnys problem, then how come the guy who holds the play sheet didn't look in a mirror and fire himself?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Honestly, he just isn't a good fit for the offense Zimmer wants and in retrospect, a good thing he wasn't hired by the Seahawks for what Pete wants. Zimmer wants what the Seahawks are doing this year except he has two stud WR's and a garbage o-line. They tried to get the run game going last night but the DL and LB's just blew it up. It's clear they weren't on the same page at all and it actually reminded me of some games we had last year with ideologies headbutting. Vikings roster is too talented to be a bubble playoff team.

I think he still has potential to be a good OC, listening to him talk (last year) about working with Wentz, creating game plans, and preparing the offense for a bunch of specific looks the upcoming defense would give and where to go with the ball was awesome football entertainment. Certainly puts a damper on his desire to be a HC in 2019 though, wonder if he goes back to Philly or to college.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Trrrroy":iae8ui1r said:
Remember when this site was slobbering all over Filippo? Sometimes fans aren't as smart as we think....

I'm not sure DeFilippo is the problem with their offense......

Certainly had a few puzzling calls last night, but every game has those. Seems more like a clash between him and Zimmer plus Zimmer looking for a fall guy other than Cousins.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Trrrroy":qhjgvo7f said:

It's more about fit.

No one in Seattle was over the moon when Schottenheimer was hired, myself included. But he's been a good fit for the style and scheme Pete wants to run, and has the right temperament to check his ego at the door knowing that he's going to call running plays over 50% of the time.

Zimmer and Filippo clashed from the beginning.........Zimmer's old school, so I imagine him watching our pound the rock offense last night only cemented that he and Filippo aren't on the same page, so he had to go.