Oakland is suing the Raiders

HawkGA

Reaction score
I don't really understand what they are suing them over, but I'd just like to take a moment to reiterate to any Raiders front office people reading this site (surely there are some, right? Right?), my recommendation that they becoming a traveling road show to build up a fan base in under-served areas until they are ready to move to Las Vegas.

Play the two preseason home games in UNLV's stadium. The stadium is small, but it's preseason so who cares.

Play a game in Mexico City
Play a game in London (that's right, two international games)
Play a game in Reno (hit the whole state, might be beneficial to play two games in Reno)
Play a game in San Antonio
Play a game in St. Louis (that's right, try to steal the old Rams fan base!)
Play a game in San Diego (that's right, try to steal the old Chargers fan base!)
Play your last two games at UNLV's stadium (college season would be over by then and start building the home crowd)

Don't worry about a plan for the playoffs, you aren't getting there and you certainly aren't getting a home game.

Did I miss any cities that would serve as good sites for a one off game? Getting into a Utah stadium or New Mexico might be a good idea too.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Flagstaff Az, Somalia, Haiti, are just a few more that may become fans. Dont come to boise, Dallas and the seahawks with a smattering of Oakland fans rule the area. 35k seats aint enough to make it worth it anyway. Hmm....Cheyenne Wyo...fly into Denver and take a bus.....naw...Denver has them fans.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Raiders don’t want to spend the money to make UNLV’s stadium NFL compliant.

Maybe they play home games in San Diego next year.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
So sounds like having London be their home is a possibility. Hate that idea, personally. Considering they currently do byes for testing following a trip to London . . . Can you really make that work for 8 games (plus two preseason)? Probably don't have to worry about the playoffs, but what if they ended up with a home playoff game or two?

getnasty

Reaction score
Feel bad for the people of Oakland sucks to lose a team get it back and then lose it again later and the way it went out this year sucks even more.

BigMeach

Reaction score
HawkGA":1a9li4r8 said:
I don't really understand what they are suing them over, but I'd just like to take a moment to reiterate to any Raiders front office people reading this site (surely there are some, right? Right?), my recommendation that they becoming a traveling road show to build up a fan base in under-served areas until they are ready to move to Las Vegas.

Play the two preseason home games in UNLV's stadium. The stadium is small, but it's preseason so who cares.

Play a game in Mexico City
Play a game in London (that's right, two international games)
Play a game in Reno (hit the whole state, might be beneficial to play two games in Reno)
Play a game in San Antonio
Play a game in St. Louis (that's right, try to steal the old Rams fan base!)
Play a game in San Diego (that's right, try to steal the old Chargers fan base!)
Play your last two games at UNLV's stadium (college season would be over by then and start building the home crowd)

Don't worry about a plan for the playoffs, you aren't getting there and you certainly aren't getting a home game.

Did I miss any cities that would serve as good sites for a one off game? Getting into a Utah stadium or New Mexico might be a good idea too.

The only problem with this plan is how hard it is to build any fan base when your team sucks and loses games left and right.

chris98251

Reaction score
How about Portland or Vancouver B.C. as well. Or a game in Hawaii that means something.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
chris98251":cr7kck3p said:
How about Portland or Vancouver B.C. as well. Or a game in Hawaii that means something.

MLB did that in Hawaii years ago. I believe it was the Padres who were renovating their stadium or something. But they played "home" games in Hawaii while it was happening, and man was it cool! Don't think it was for too long, though. Only a few games, I believe.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawaii would be a great idea. See, I think they could definitely string together sufficient locations to travel around to.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The Raiders should be in LA and the Chargers should have stayed in San Diego.

Well I'm not sure about the Chargers but the Raiders should be in LA with the Rams. They have more LA fans than we do.

Seafan

Reaction score
UNLV seats 40,000. That's a real easy decision. Go a year early and build up a local fan base.

Chargers have been playing before about 16,000 home fans in their 32,000 seat Stubhub.

Osprey

Reaction score
Seafan":vg958q6p said:
UNLV seats 40,000. That's a real easy decision. Go a year early and build up a local fan base.

Chargers have been playing before about 16,000 home fans in their 32,000 seat Stubhub.
Supposedly the stadium doesn’t meet NFL standards and nobody wants to sink money into it for one year.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15twj3vg said:
Aaah, Grammar Police. Everyone loves that :2thumbs:

It's one that my wife gave me 10 people's worth of crap for, so I'm just distributing it back out evenly. ;)

"Marc, you mean anti-climactic, not anti-climatic. This doesn't work against climate"