Darrell Bevell To Falcons?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Going from Shanahan to Sark to Bevell..............that might be the worst coordinator de-evolution in NFL history.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’d hope Quinn isn’t that stupid. For his sake I hope this is a “courtesy interview” .
Drunk Sark is better than DB and that’s not saying much.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
ATL obviously tanking for the 2020 draft. M Ryan obviously seeking a new insurance policy for his health-mental and physical.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":23xxe3pq said:
ATL obviously tanking for the 2020 draft. M Ryan obviously seeking a new insurance policy for his health-mental and physical.

And somewhere Sioux Falcon is writing 150 letters and emails to the ATL front office begging to make his dream come true and fantasy fulfilled.
I can guarentee that Sioux Falcon has already been created on the Atlanta forums.
I pity those poor bastards! 8)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would be interested to see what Bevell could do without Cable.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkGA":2uvwpjjl said:

This. Because we all automatically assumed it was Bevell long before we started figuring out Cable was garbage. Interesting to see how much of that terrible offense really was Bevell and how much was Cable. Who knows? Bevell may do alright there.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1uovwbb9 said:
HawkGA":1uovwbb9 said:

This. Because we all automatically assumed it was Bevell long before we started figuring out Cable was garbage. Interesting to see how much of that terrible offense really was Bevell and how much was Cable. Who knows? Bevell may do alright there.

Well he got canned in Minny before he came here because of no more Farve and the offense was inept.

I think he is a better QB developer as in young guy then OC.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":23ix52ny said:
HawkGA":23ix52ny said:

Bevell was pretty bad in Minnesota as well as Seattle. The guy just isn't a good offensive coordinator. Fans were rejoicing in Minnesota when he got fired. My problem with Bevell is he often did weird things at weird times. He would dial up plays that made no sense given where we were on the field, and the situation the team found itself in. His 3rd and short empty set, 5 receiver play calls made no sense. Bevell also had no clue how to use his talent. The way we used Jimmy Graham was a travesty. We made use of his worst attributes.

Bevell was a joke, and he was part of the problem. Terrible offensive coordinator, glad he's gone.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2xx3mnfj said:
Seahawk Sailor":2xx3mnfj said:
HawkGA":2xx3mnfj said:

Well he got canned in Minny before he came here because of no more Farve and the offense was inept.

I don't even think he is a good QB developer. Just look at Russell Wilson as an example. The progress Wilson has made as a pocket passer this season is phenomenal. Even when he is pressured he is doing things such as stepping up in the pocket, and making subtle little slides to avoid rushers. He never did this under Bevell, and this is QB 101. First thing Schottenheimer said when he came here is "we need to work on Russell's footwork". He was talking about how his stance affected his consistency, and accuracy.

Russ stagnated under Bevell as a QB.

On a sidenote, I wonder if the Falcon's have been graced by Sioux Falcon

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1vi68imr said:
HawkGA":1vi68imr said:

I think you have to ask why hasn’t he gotten any sniffs as a NFL OC, or even a college OC????
There’s a ton of college OC openings every year. IMHO, the answer is obvious. Is it any coincidence that the Seattle offense has taken off with what most people consider an average OC at best (see Schotty), once DB is gone. I think not. :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2gurmbad said:
chris98251":2gurmbad said:
Seahawk Sailor":2gurmbad said:
HawkGA":2gurmbad said:

I don't even think he is a good QB developer. Just look at Russell Wilson as an example. The progress Wilson has made as a pocket passer this season is phenomenal. Even when he is pressured he is doing things such as stepping up in the pocket, and making subtle little slides to avoid rushers. He never did this under Bevell, and this is QB 101. First thing Schottenheimer said when he came here is "we need to work on Russell's footwork". He was talking about how his stance affected his consistency, and accuracy.

Russ stagnated under Bevell as a QB.

On a sidenote, I wonder if the Falcon's have been graced by Sioux Falcon

I think I shall find out.... :twisted:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":r2ysxk2o said:
Siouxhawk? Is that you? Haha

Bcba595cea6219a5b9060b85167805a9
Wild Siouxhawk spotted.
On a side note, why the hell was Bevell working with the Falcons defense? I'm confused.