Cam Out for the season

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
And on the falcon board on the thread above.....quoted...

"We can't let them and the Cardinals out tank us. Seriously, can't believe they waited this long to sit him."

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't stand the guy, but it was clear the other night that his shoulder is toast. He usually has a cannon, can't even lift his arm up all the way and was bouncing passes to guys. Zero reason for him to be out there, next level stupid decision by Rivera.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
After Week 9, they were 6-2. Then they end up 6-8 and their QB is done.

Really glad I'm not a Panthers fan. It would be better to be a Browns fan at this point.

Maulbert

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2blfeqx3 said:

Really glad I'm not a Panthers fan. It would be better to be a Browns fan at this point.

Well, the Browns beat the Panthers, so process of elimination...

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3qrl0e71 said:

Cam's shoulder was re-injured in the Steelers game. TJ Watt of the Steelers had a clear path at Cam and lowered his helmet, aiming straight for his throwing shoulder. Going into the game, Cam had been dealing with soreness in that shoulder and it was in the injury report, so I don't think it's a coincidence Watt went for the shoulder with his helmet. Apparently that's perfectly legal, but I'd argue it's a dirty play.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/18/cam-n ... it-injury/

As far as Rivera playing Cam the past few weeks when he clearly has an injured throwing shoulder, that is classic Rivera and part of the reason the shoulder is an issue in the first place. In week 14 of the 2016 season, Cam chased down a Chargers player 80 some yards downfield after throwing an interception. In an attempt to make a tackle he partially tore that shoulder. Rivera knew there was a partial tear, yet he still trotted Cam out there the final three weeks even with the Panthers out of playoff contention. Cam gutted through those games but was clearly injured, just like these last few games. At the end of the 2016 season, the Panthers staff thought Cam just needed rest and the shoulder would heal. Well after a couple of months, it was decided he actually did need surgery on the shoulder, and because the surgery was months after the season, he missed all of training camp and most of the preseason leading into the 2017 season.

All of that said, Rivera and the Panthers have horribly mismanaged this lingering shoulder issue for Cam. Many in Panther land including myself can't wait for Rivera to be fired.

tldr version: Rivera sucks, Cam's shoulder has been injured since the Steelers game

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I hate seeing anyone get injured, even Scam. I hope he has a full recovery.

OP
OP
Seahawkfan80

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sounds like a torn rotator cuff. They dont heal on their own. I have one. They have to be sewn back together and it takes 6 months to recover to the point of using it completely. I have not fixed mine as I am strengthening the muscles around it. But I am way older and just cant afford the time to do such. Oh...and I am retired. he he he.