Sherman got ejected today

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/richard-sherman- ... 38121.html

In this case, it did not matter because Mullens fail Maryed the ball when, logically, he should have run it for another set of downs. Which very easily could've happened.

Sherm's seen as "Uncle Sherm"--a role model for the defense, which is why he said he did it during press afterward. And Kittle backed him up too after the game.

Am I missing anything by seeing this as just a really dumb move, particularly by a veteran?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
To me it’s amazing on who’s laundry you are wearing on how fans view you. The Niner fans that HATED Sherm in Seattle love the guy for his leadership now. LOL.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Goldilocks is still pimpin himself eh? I just hope that there are people that understand that there are ways to behave as an adult and ways that you dont. I am not sure which is which............... yet. :mrgreen:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jb32910 said:
To me it’s amazing on who’s laundry you are wearing on how fans view you. The Niner fans that HATED Sherm in Seattle love the guy for his leadership now. LOL.

What's amazing is that Sherm really hasn't been an direct impact player this season like, say, Kittle or juszczyk. His largest and not insignificant impact is that teams tend not to throw to his side. When they do, as in the 49ers-Bears game, he's not routinely stopping offenders spectacularly or even by himself. He's not what Griffin is in SEA football-wise in either potentiality or actuality.

And yet Sherm gets his own press conference every week that gets attention rivaling the QBs, b/c Sherm has an extremely strong media persona as "Uncle Sherm," older and supposedly wiser than the Sherm who yelled at Erin Andrews after the Crabtree tip and after that game was over. But in the 49ers/Bears game, the game was not yet over and he could have potentially been needed. He could have legit blown it. Only difference is he doesn't feel a need to pen "A Love Letter to Pete Carroll," I mean, Kyle Shanahan, about it anymore.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
You gotta wonder just how much Sherman's second-guessing himself right now about leaving Seattle and burning his bridges behind him. He'd never mention it in a million years, maybe not even to himself, but you know those thoughts have to come creeping into his head.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2srffldo said:
You gotta wonder just how much Sherman's second-guessing himself right now about leaving Seattle and burning his bridges behind him. He'd never mention it in a million years, maybe not even to himself, but you know those thoughts have to come creeping into his head.

Mainstream news, and Sherm's too, is that SEA released him and refused further negotiations.

Which I get. He felt abandoned and needed another job, and the 9ers picked him up, don't blame him for being angry toward SEA personally. What I blame him for is his curating the "Uncle Sherm" persona, then pushing his way into a bunch of angry Bears due to that principle.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2an4t3ke said:
Seahawk Sailor":2an4t3ke said:

Mainstream news, and Sherm's too, is that SEA released him and refused further negotiations.

Which I get. He felt abandoned and needed another job, and the 9ers picked him up, don't blame him for being angry toward SEA personally. What I blame him for is his curating the "Uncle Sherm" persona, then pushing his way into a bunch of angry Bears due to that principle.

His team will never be down on him defending team mates, coaches will say the right things in press conferences but they love that all for one and one for all mentality, it's unity and can only be gained facing adversity and challenges together.

rlkats

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":10gzqew6 said:

Sherman left the hawks on his own? I thought he was cut. So if he was not cut why did he say he was?

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":36yg70l8 said:
https://news.yahoo.com/richard-sherman-ejected-watch-49ers-000538121.html

In this case, it did not matter because Mullens fail Maryed the ball when, logically, he should have run it for another set of downs. Which very easily could've happened.

Sherm's seen as "Uncle Sherm"--a role model for the defense, which is why he said he did it during press afterward. And Kittle backed him up too after the game.

Am I missing anything by seeing this as just a really dumb move, particularly by a veteran?

At this point as a Niners fan. I really did not mind it. A Niners player made a dirty play and the whole bears sideline engulfed him and started the fight (rightfully so) I honestly like that players defend their own team members on any side. So no I don’t think it was dumb. The dude can afford the fine.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":9y6qbo3v said:
SantaClaraHawk":9y6qbo3v said:
https://news.yahoo.com/richard-sherman-ejected-watch-49ers-000538121.html

At this point as a Niners fan. I really did not mind it. A Niners player made a dirty play and the whole bears sideline engulfed him and started the fight (rightfully so) I honestly like that players defend their own team members on any side. So no I don’t think it was dumb. The dude can afford the fine.

Nah that play on the Bears' QB was a late hit but not dirty. The defender was probably already aloft when they whistled it dead, he lowered his helmet to avoid helmet-to-helmet contact, but the kinetic force plowed both into the Chicago sideline. A lot of 9ers were there before Sherm to defend the defender, mostly verbally, and it wouldn't have been a media moment had Sherm not made it one.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
rlkats":2ba3x29g said:
Seahawk Sailor":2ba3x29g said:

Sherman left the hawks on his own? I thought he was cut. So if he was not cut why did he say he was?

No, he was cut, but he still left Seattle. There was a lot of bad blood, and while the Seahawks initiated things from a contract standpoint, I could almost guarantee Sherm's still a Seahawk if it wasn't for his actions and attitude.

I liked Sherman a lot. Still have his jersey. Still can't find it in me to dislike him in spite of his attitude toward Seattle now, and even in spite of the fact that he's on an arch-rival team. But, hurt or not hurt, he wouldn't have been cut if it hadn't have been for his attitude, and that's why I said it the way I did.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":qjb7b9x0 said:
Seahawk Sailor":qjb7b9x0 said:

No, he was cut, a lot of folks tend to forget that fact.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
It feels like Sherms injury was a convenient way to end a relationship that was souring on both sides in Seattle.

Say what you want, Sherm showed himself the door in Seattle.

94Smith

Reaction score
I quote" Do I understand why some Seahawks fans aren’t happy about it?

Of course.

But just keep in mind: I didn’t choose to leave Seattle.

The Seahawks chose to let me go."

Successful season for Sherman. Played great, only missed a couple (one?) game. Not a successful season for the 49ers.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
94Smith":5616kvr5 said:

Of course.

Successful season for Sherman. Played great, only missed a couple (one?) game. Not a successful season for the 49ers.

Actually he missed two games, was responsible for forcing Zero turnovers, and has the same number of tackles (35) he did in 9 games in Seattle last season. PC and JS made the right choice.

Who replaced him? Quill Griffin... 57 tackles, 2 interceptions and 2x the pass deflections of Sherman. Quill hasn't been ejected from a game and is only going to improve. Again PC and JS made the right choice.

Can Sherman have another season or 3 at a great level. Absolutely. Will he? Not likely. When negotiating contracts, the not likely category means not likely to stay here for guaranteed money. It's a business transaction, not a popularity contest. Based on this years performance, Sherman helped Seattle out more by not being on the team than if he were still here. Thanks for the memories, enjoy the bay area. This team is doing work and playoff bound.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
94Smith":36mr2uq8 said:

Of course.

Seattle chose to let Sherman go because of Sherman. He tends to gloss over that part. I'd love it if he were still a Seahawk, but he's always been egotistical and all about himself. This is no different. When someone gets dumped, it's usually because of them, not because of the person dumping them.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":15hxpzvd said:
rlkats":15hxpzvd said:
Seahawk Sailor":15hxpzvd said:

No, he was cut, but he still left Seattle. There was a lot of bad blood, and while the Seahawks initiated things from a contract standpoint, I could almost guarantee Sherm's still a Seahawk if it wasn't for his actions and attitude.

I liked Sherman a lot. Still have his jersey. Still can't find it in me to dislike him in spite of his attitude toward Seattle now, and even in spite of the fact that he's on an arch-rival team. But, hurt or not hurt, he wouldn't have been cut if it hadn't have been for his attitude, and that's why I said it the way I did.

Pretty much what he said. Still a Sherman fan. Feel bad for the guy, but he made his own bed. I wish him Notting but success though

Latest posts