Golden 2019?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Do the Seahawks bring back the scrappy veteran in 2019? Golden strikes me as a player that will play well into his late 30's, like a Hines Ward or Steve Smith. I vote yes if I understand correctly and hes FA next year.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I would love it, but if rumors are true it ain't happening.

raisethe3

Reaction score
I would love to have him back, but only at the right price.

iigakusei

Reaction score
He will want at least 10 million per season no?
And no thanks regardless.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Golden Tate sparked the biggest comeback in Seahawks history & happened to be the first game I ever attended live against the Bucs in November, 2013. I had seats right on the 50, 9 rows up behind the Tampa bench.

We were down 21 at 1 point & getting manhandled when Tate fielded a punt inside his own 5, in the corner no less, & ran it back into Bucs territory to set up a TD to close the gap in a game that eventually went to OT where we won 27-24. I couldn't believe he fielded a punt inside his own 5 & even as he was breaking it I was looking for flags to bring it all back.

I credit him for winning that game with that gutsy move & have been a big fan of his ever since. Love to see him back but it is probably a pipe dream.

chris98251

Reaction score
No he has aged to the point the return on investment will be questionable, also the whole Russell and Wife thing would be the focal point and a distraction. I would rather bring in Swearinger to a position we need depth and help with.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
12thmanNY":2wldn3c9 said:
He banged Russes wife. So ain’t happening. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard rumors it was his Golden’s GF that did that?

Vesuve

Reaction score
iigakusei":imes13dx said:
He will want at least 10 million per season no?
And no thanks regardless.

Yeah, the price will be the issue.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":smk0kiyp said:
12thmanNY":smk0kiyp said:
He banged Russes wife. So ain’t happening. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard rumors it was his Golden’s GF that did that?

The girlfriend? I had wondered what the story was....

Either way, it's a new team with Russ at the center.

Chemistry is good with the players we have. Anyone added should fit in and not detract no matter how talented they are.

Management is adept at finding under-valued players and developing them so maybe they don't need to pay big money to people just coming in.

Fade

Reaction score
Not happening. They are tapped out in terms of offering big money to WRs. It wouldn't make sense as they just don't pass the ball enough.

Cheap vets, and draft picks for the foreseeable future.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Fade":132qo060 said:
Not happening. They are tapped out in terms of offering big money to WRs. It wouldn't make sense as they just don't pass the ball enough.

Cheap vets, and draft picks for the foreseeable future.

That, and his size and skillset seem at least somewhat redundant with current wr's.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I just feel like generally if there's one or two places on a football team where it makes sense to add a veteran player for immediate value that's wide receiver or a lineman. Generally you want youngins to grow with you everywhere else, and that seems to fit Pete and John's beliefs. In the case of Golden Tate, this would be with a caveat that those rumors are untrue, because, obviously. If untrue, I'd spend some money on the guy, if we had Golden for 3-5 years he'd move chains for us and add valuable, defense annoying YAC to our squad, in addition to veteran savy, genuine competitiveness/confidence/swagger, and a familiarity with Russ.

OP
OP
SNDavidson

SNDavidson

Reaction score
In fact I'd go so far as to think if he signs for 8 mil per somewhere other than Seattle that unfortunately those rumors are much more probably true.