DJ Swearinger released by the Redskins

Vesuve

Reaction score
hawkfan68":36fnyvso said:
He had criticized the Redskins DC and aired that publicly on radio, thus they released him. Other than that, he was having a great year.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ordinator-greg-manusky/ar-BBRoEdh?ocid=ASUDHP

Might be worth a look as he's a vet safety; especially with McDougald and others battling injuries.

If you've got an issue best to keep in a discussion with your DC or any coach.

He may be right in his statements,

but going on public radio is bad enough and the season is not even over.

Hmm.....to be in one's 20s.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Definitely earned his release.

Would not touch him. That type of stuff is exactly what we moved away from. The health of the team is better for it. Do not care how he plays on the field.

massari

Reaction score
He can provide big time insurance for McDougald's injury.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1077248766527369217[/tweet]

getnasty

Reaction score
Exactly the kind of attitude we are trying to get rid of

chris98251

Reaction score
Vocal guy, bring him in the culture here may be the right one and he can play, he is only toxic when you not doing things well and the right way, Sherman and Bennett were not wrong by the way trying to hold the offense, Cable and Bevell accountable, we seen it also. You guys that have issues challenging authority when they are wrong need to check yourselves, it why things got changed on both sides players and coaches.

Also its the one position we need leadership and a enforcer back there Thompson has been hurt, McDougald has been hurt, Earl is out, we don't want another Etric Pruitt situation now do we.

The one thing we know is we are going to be facing a lot of pass happy offenses coming up and in the playoffs and need that depth. If people are saying resign Tate who can Bang Russ's wife and come back we can sign this guy who stood up to a DC who let Bortles beat them.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Patriots will probably snag him if they can afford it.

mort

Reaction score
Having recently been relieved of all our more outspoken players, seems unlikely to me we’d take the chance of reintroducing that set of distractions, but could help shore up the backfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
In Tennessee’s second-to-last drive, the drive where they eventually took a 19-16 fourth quarter lead, the Redskins had the Titans facing a third-and-7. Backup Blaine Gabbert threw an incomplete pass, but refs whistled Fabian Moreau for defensive holding.

The flag itself was questionable, but that’s not what Swearinger was most upset about.

“I feel like we should’ve been more aggressive,” he said. “Playing a backup quarterback, why would you put us in man-to-man?... I think it was a horrible [penalty] call, but I feel like you don’t put Fabian in that situation with a backup quarterback.”

Swearinger did acknowledge that he and his teammates needed to do more to close out what was a very important contest, but he also continued to second guess Greg Manusky’s choice on that play.

“I feel like if we look at the quarterback with all this talent we got in the back end, we would dominate every team every week,” he said. “But I’m not the D-coordinator. We didn’t make the plays, I guess we didn’t make the plays. There were plenty of plays out there to make, so we didn’t make the plays to win the game.”

BigMeach

Reaction score
I completely disagree that we wouldn't want him and he is the kind of player we've tried to get rid of. The players we got rid of went into back rooms as inside sources and revealed the inner workings of our locker room and didn't have the balls to fess up to it till they were gone. Not to mention, we give guys second chances all the time.

I think the bigger issue's that he won't fall to us.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Yes, the Seahawks give guys second (and third and fourth) chances all the time. We thrive on bringing in misfits and rejects and turning them into champions.

But... I'm not so sure we're really wanting to jump on an opportunity to bring in a guy let go because he second-guessed and called out the coaching staff over a key play. That's kind of (and by 'kind of' I mean 'exactly') why our locker room was as dysfunctional as it was the past couple of years.

Pete and John just miiiiiiiight be a touch snake-bit with that sort of player.

Jville

Reaction score
What a bargain. Cardinals get a defensive back and defensive coordinator all in one package. A two for one deal. How innovative and frugal. And, they're poised to claim a hard won number one draft pick for 2019.

A different sort of culture ..... I guess :229031_shrug: The diversity of the NFL on full display.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jville":24tnclkz said:
What a bargain. Cardinals get a defensive back and defensive coordinator all in one package. A two for one deal. How innovative and frugal. And, they're poised to claim a hard won number one draft pick for 2019.

A different sort of culture ..... I guess :229031_shrug: The diversity of the NFL on full display.

Id bet the cardinals were not the only team to level a claim... and that atleast one playoff team was waiting