Earl Thomas to SF?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3daw328e said:
Pretty sure he wants to be a Cowgirl.
He does but rumor is that crazy uncle Jerruh doesn’t want to pay him the buck bucks.
If he takes a Sherman type deal then yes, If not then I feel that he’ll take the highest offer.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2dj3prf6 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2dj3prf6 said:
Pretty sure he wants to be a Cowgirl.
He does but rumor is that crazy uncle Jerruh doesn’t want to pay him the buck bucks.
If he takes a Sherman type deal then yes, If not then I feel that he’ll take the highest offer.

Well, you know, got kids to feed and all that

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I mentioned this possibility a while back and it still would not surprise me. Neither would KC, Cleveland or Zona.

rlkats

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1qv72rgd said:
I mentioned this possibility a while back and it still would not surprise me. Neither would KC, Cleveland or Zona.

I think his biggest possibility is KC or Dallas

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out Earl staying in Seattle. It might sound counter-intuitive but we are the best case scenario for him.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I think he is Dallas or Houston only at this point.

Polaris

Reaction score
rlkats":3w1n1rw2 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3w1n1rw2 said:

Well it is true that when Earl got injured, Seattle and Kansas City were deep into trade talks for Earl.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Polaris":26teh77b said:
rlkats":26teh77b said:
Sox-n-Hawks":26teh77b said:

Well it is true that when Earl got injured, Seattle and Kansas City were deep into trade talks for Earl.

And I can’t think of anything that stinks worse than KCs secondary on a team that is competitive. He’s a reasonable risk for adding huge value at safety.

rlkats

Reaction score
knownone":qim2jo32 said:
I wouldn't rule out Earl staying in Seattle. It might sound counter-intuitive but we are the best case scenario for him.

Why is Seattle the best place for him? There are a ton of teams that can use his leadership and play style to improve their D. Besides he wants money oh wait he wants MONEY and Seattle don’t have it. They have other core players that need that coin. Players like Clark that needs to be paid. He is gone from Seattle and I don’t think it’s even a though for him at this point. You think him flipping the bird to the sideline was just for fun? I don’t think so. I would love to have him in San Fran, but I don’t think we could afford him.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
rlkats":3g5004jp said:
knownone":3g5004jp said:

Why is Seattle the best place for him? There are a ton of teams that can use his leadership and play style to improve their D. Besides he wants money oh wait he wants MONEY and Seattle don’t have it. They have other core players that need that coin. Players like Clark that needs to be paid. He is gone from Seattle and I don’t think it’s even a though for him at this point. You think him flipping the bird to the sideline was just for fun? I don’t think so. I would love to have him in San Fran, but I don’t think we could afford him.

Earl had his time. We don’t need that attitude in the locker room. I don’t care how good the player is. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier, and they multiplied his ass out the door. Thanks for the memories ET3.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Pretty sure it will be either the Cowgirls or the Chiefs. He was practically slobbering all over Jurrah's metaphorical body part last year.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Would love to have him back as he is considerably better than Tedric and was still a top 5 safety this year but the more he avoids the team, the less likely I think it is he signs. I know his driving motivation is guaranteed big money and has said just pay him and he's here, I just don't think PC/JS will budge. Franchise tag is an option but that probably causes a Le'veon issue.

Cowboys make the most sense with it being his home town, probably will give him the $$ he wants, plus re-united with Kris Richard and an improving defense that could use him.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
rlkats":3n2nbzii said:
knownone":3n2nbzii said:

Maybe. Maybe not. We've seen players go from maligned around here to loved. We've seen the opposite. If he comes back next year, works out a contract that works with the rest of the team's needs, and plays lights out, we'll completely embrace him and cheer him on. He may want that. He may not find another offer that matches what he feels he deserves. If he doesn't, he'll stay on and things will go back to normal.

chris98251

Reaction score
Doubt S.F. would want him at the cost, he isn't going to go for a bargain performance deal like Sherm, he is chasing dollars, he has a ring, he has accolades. He want's to play close to home. That's Texans, Cowboys, Chiefs are in the neighborhood.

knownone

Reaction score
rlkats":3gwkd06o said:
knownone":3gwkd06o said:

He knows the system. The Seahawks have his medical records, know the extent of his injuries, and they have the depth at safety to bring him back slowly. Other teams will likely undervalue him due to his injuries. Money you say? Seattle has 100+ million in cap space over the next two seasons. They could sign Clark, Reed, Wilson, Earl, and still have a significant amount of cap space to spare.

Also, Seattle can still franchise Earl if they wanted to. I don't know if they will try to keep Earl but the idea that he's for sure not a Seahawk is shortsighted.

chris98251

Reaction score
knownone":3ooj54pk said:
rlkats":3ooj54pk said:
knownone":3ooj54pk said:

He knows the system. The Seahawks have his medical records, know the extent of his injuries, and they have the depth at safety to bring him back slowly. Other teams will likely undervalue him due to his injuries. Money you say? Seattle has 100+ million in cap space over the next two seasons. They could sign Clark, Reed, Wilson, Earl, and still have a significant amount of cap space to spare.

Also, Seattle can still franchise Earl if they wanted to. I don't know if they will try to keep Earl but the idea that he's for sure not a Seahawk is shortsighted.

All that info on injuries is available to every team and they would do a work up on him also. Earl will make sure he is not undervalued, why he was holding out in the first place he feels he is.

What you can't measure is his attitude and mentality, right now in Seattle it from all appearences is Cancerous.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
chris98251":1iy1z9j3 said:
knownone":1iy1z9j3 said:
rlkats":1iy1z9j3 said:
knownone":1iy1z9j3 said:

All that info on injuries is available to every team and they would do a work up on him also. Earl will make sure he is not undervalued, why he was holding out in the first place he feels he is.

What you can't measure is his attitude and mentality, right now in Seattle it from all appearences is Cancerous.
Totally agree.
This management is fully aware Earl's heart isnt in Seattle. A freakish play leads to his injury this year. Yes, BAD LUCK happens and yet he appears to blame the organization when he flipped the bird. Holding out and putting your home on the market indicates you probably dont want to stay around. Not being visible on the sidelines to support your team indicates you dont want to associate with them.
Thomas has made it known he wants to play for his home town team in Dallas. Unfortunately, he'll continue being unhappy and critical of this management/leadership. Both parties will just move on from each other.