McCarthy turned down an interview with the Cardinals.

Maulbert

Reaction score

getnasty

Reaction score
Crazy that Wilks only is gonna get 1 year, there defense has been pretty good all year and it's not his fault there starting a rookie with very little talent on offense.

Polaris

Reaction score
Consider that Bidwell owns the Arizona Cardinals and is considered to be one of the worst owners in football. Enough said.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be the worst choice they’ve made. I’d set my eyes on Tomlin though. Assuming he gets fired.

Erebus

Reaction score
McCarty is over rated. Always got out-coached in big games. I'd welcome him to the NFC West. Just keep Dom Capers away.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2k0pt16s said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2k0pt16s said:
It wouldn’t be the worst choice they’ve made. I’d set my eyes on Tomlin though. Assuming he gets fired.

Pittsburgh hasn't fired a head coach in 50 years (literally). They won't fire Tomlin.

It's also incredible they've only had 3 coaches in 50 years. You'll likely never see that again in any sport in the future.

As for McCarthy, it would make sense for them, perhaps seeking to redo their offense completely. They need a big splash name to try to ignite their fan base.

evergreen

Reaction score
At first I didn’t like the idea. But without Erin he may not be such a success.

Erebus

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1hows9me said:
Erebus":1hows9me said:
McCarty is over rated. Always got out-coached in big games. I'd welcome him to the NFC West. Just keep Dom Capers away.
You're scared of Dom Capers?

Only as a DC. Seems to have Russell Wilson's number.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
evergreen":20eyhdxv said:
He was terrible as the offensive coordinator for Alex Smith.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Supposedly McCarthy is talking to the Jets and the Browns, but it would make sense that the Cards would have an interest in him as well. All 3 of those teams are in the same boat, needing a proven QB whisperer for their Top 10 draft pick.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":2q9ub144 said:
Crazy that Wilks only is gonna get 1 year, there defense has been pretty good all year and it's not his fault there starting a rookie with very little talent on offense.

I don't get Wilks being fired at all.

I saw last weekend a Cardinals team still playing very hard for their coach, which mean he still has the respect of his team .............AND he had to play a mediocre rookie QB most of the year.

But then Bidwell's one of the biggest bumbling idiots ever to own a pro sports team, so nothing he or the Bidwell family does surprises me.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fw8q16p6 said:
getnasty":fw8q16p6 said:

I don't get Wilks being fired at all.

I saw last weekend a Cardinals team still playing very hard for their coach, which mean he still has the respect of his team .............AND he had to play a mediocre rookie QB most of the year.

But then Bidwell's one of the biggest bumbling idiots ever to own a pro sports team, so nothing he or the Bidwell family does surprises me.

Anyone with half a brain should know that the Cards should have fired Keim instead. The Bidwills are only slightly more competent than Dan Snyder, Jimmy Haslam, and Mike Brown.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":1lgsvk21 said:
5_Golden_Rings":1lgsvk21 said:
evergreen":1lgsvk21 said:

To be fair, he was only there one season.
Schotty's been here one season, and managed to get our offense tied for 6th best PPG in the league.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":kw9tdcdn said:
Maulbert":kw9tdcdn said:
5_Golden_Rings":kw9tdcdn said:
evergreen":kw9tdcdn said:

To be fair, he was only there one season.
Schotty's been here one season, and managed to get our offense tied for 6th best PPG in the league.

Yeah, but are you going to tell me the 2005 49ers, who were 4-12 with rookie Alex Smith starting 7 games, Tim Rattay starting 4, Ken Dorsey starting 3, and Cody Pickett starting 2 is as talented as the 2018 Seahawks on offense? Wilson is easily better than those 4 combined. The only real bright spot that Niner team had was their rookie 3rd round pick, a running back by the name Frank Gore. Their best receiver was Brandon Lloyd.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":pq49rrzm said:
Yeah, but are you going to tell me the 2005 49ers, who were 4-12 with rookie Alex Smith starting 7 games, Tim Rattay starting 4, Ken Dorsey starting 3, and Cody Pickett starting 2 is as talented as the 2018 Seahawks on offense? Wilson is easily better than those 4 combined. The only real bright spot that Niner team had was their rookie 3rd round pick, a running back by the name Frank Gore. Their best receiver was Brandon Lloyd.

The 2004 49ers scored 16.2 PPG (30th) on offense for the season.
The 2005 49ers scored 14.9 PPG (30th) on offense for the season.
The 2006 49ers scored 18.6 PPG (24th) on offense for the season.

Soooooooooo it stands to reason that McCarthy, if he were worth his salt as an offensive coordinator, would have shown some improvement. Even a little...