I hope the Colts beat the Texans.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Might seem an odd comment for no particular reason, but it's very simple: I want whoever's coming out of the Ravens/Chargers game to go to New England. Those two have the best shot of taking down the Cheatriots, and the Chiefs best shot in the second round is against the Colts. If Houston beats Indianapolis, the Patriots are going to slaughter them. I don't want Baltimore or Los Angeles to upset Kansas City and let New England host ANOTHER championship game.

Go Indy.

getnasty

Reaction score
No love for the Texans? Watson is special, while I think the Chargers are a better team I think the Texans are better then the Ravens. DeAndre Hopkins is the best receiver in the game and Watt and Clowney aren't bad either.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Anyone but New England...although I do think the Chiefs lose their first game no matter what unless they play the Colts.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I agree 100%. And while I expect the Colts/Texans game to be close, I fully expect Houston to win because that's just the luck the Patriots have.

Both LA and BAL could go into NE and win - but Houston cannot. Watson is good but they don't have enough around him yet and their defense is very sketchy.

I'm expecting the Texans to win then lose to NE, then the LA/BAL winner to beat KC, because that's just our luck with the Patriots. Everything always seems to fall into place for them.

I will say this though: if NE has to go to KC, they will lose.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
If the Texans are healthy I think they can hold their own against anyone.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
538 gives the Texans an edge over the colts, and slightly better chances at winning the Super Bowl, for what it's worth. Of course, they gave the Cowboys an edge over the Seahawks, but that edge favored the Seahawks more to win the Super Bowl after that.

This is all that's left apparently of that article (linked below), because they've changed it to only the games being played this week, and not full predictions out to the Super Bowl, but that's the way it was. As I recall, the Texans had a much better chance than the Colts (although still slight) to win it all.

Dv6ptBZWwAArAz1

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-nfl-predictions/games/

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tough game to pick for sure. But the Colts are one of the most complete, hottest teams in the league. How hot you are going in to the playoffs matters, a lot. And the Texans O Line has been getting owned lately, while the Colts have one of the most improved O Lines in football.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
SoulfishHawk":3svwtx8f said:
Tough game to pick for sure. But the Colts are one of the most complete, hottest teams in the league. How hot you are going in to the playoffs matters, a lot. And the Texans O Line has been getting owned lately, while the Colts have one of the most improved O Lines in football.

And that's what algorithms like 538's don't take into consideration.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I would love to see Andrew Luck carry that team deep into the playoffs.