Bevell To Jags??? Interview.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
"Report: Jaguars to interview Darrell Bevell for offensive coordinator

By Charean Williams

The Falcons aren’t the only team set to interview Darrell Bevell.

The Jaguars also are expected to meet with Bevell about their open offensive coordinator position, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports.

Jacksonville fired Nathaniel Hackett during the season.

The Jaguars are expected to have a new quarterback next season, moving on from Blake Bortles.

Bevell, 48, served as the Seahawks’ offensive coordinator from 2011-17, grooming Russell Wilson into a Super Bowl-winning quarterback. He spent five seasons running the Vikings offense before that.

In 12 years running an NFL offense, Bevell’s teams finished an average of 15th in total offense."

Looks like he is a hot tater...or microwaved tater...he he he.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
“Average 15th in total offense.”

What you’re saying is he’s average.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1kx9i9nd said:

Did Darrell Bevell sleep with your mother? Mind you, I don't think he's good. I think he's okay. But you act like he murdered your family. Why do you care if he gets a job? I don't see you attacking Cable the same way. He's not here anymore. Get over it and move on.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smellyman":22wi928o said:
Sox-n-Hawks":22wi928o said:

Schotty-esque
Schotty's first year in Seattle put up an offense that tied for 6th in points scored per game.

Might want to try again, in regards to making the facts fit your preconceived narrative.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1md7s9ls said:
Smellyman":1md7s9ls said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1md7s9ls said:

Schotty-esque
Schotty's first year in Seattle put up an offense that tied for 6th in points scored per game.

Might want to try again, in regards to making the facts fit your preconceived narrative.

Schotty did well with some talent, but I won't judge him on a single season. He wasn't good in New York or St. Louis, that's a fact, but he never had a franchise QB at either stop, plus I don't think any OC could be successful under Jeff '7-9' Fisher.

chris98251

Reaction score
So Bevell has all the bennies, Franchise QB a steller defense that gave him short fields to call plays with and a Once in a Generation Running back and the best he could do was 15th.

Schotty takes a offense that had the worst line in the league, a 7th round back, a rookie back and a cast off, yes he has a franchise QB to work with and a group of WR's that never started before, Baldwin was injured all season and made spot appearances and a group of TE's that had never been full time starters and or were rookies and a O line that was assembled on the fly and had to be coached up as well as a first year playbook and gets the 6th rated offense in the league yet sucks compared to Bevell by some on here.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
chris98251":1xfxfle1 said:
So Bevell has all the bennies, Franchise QB a steller defense that gave him short fields to call plays with and a Once in a Generation Running back and the best he could do was 15th.

Schotty takes a offense that had the worst line in the league, a 7th round back, a rookie back and a cast off, yes he has a franchise QB to work with and a group of WR's that never started before, Baldwin was injured all season and made spot appearances and a group of TE's that had never been full time starters and or were rookies and a O line that was assembled on the fly and had to be coached up as well as a first year playbook and gets the 6th rated offense in the league yet sucks compared to Bevell by some on here.

Some people’s kids can’t figure out that 2+2=Potato

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1s5zxayf said:
chris98251":1s5zxayf said:

I don't think Bevell is better than Schotty, I just believe Bevell gets more blame than he deserves, and Schotty gets more credit. I have never shied away from the fact that I believe our struggles stemmed from Cable's incompetence first, speaking of potatoes. Cable has shown himself to be utterly inept. Bevell had a great offensive season in 2009 with the Vikings, getting a career low interception total and percentage out of a 40 year old Brett Farve. Bevell deserves a shot without Cable. That's all I've ever said. I never said we should have kept him. I don't want him back. But this fanbase wants a single scapegoat to blame for XLIX, so they refuse to acknowledge he might even be a middle-of-the-road coordinator, and maybe even better than some of the guys employed by this league. There are two threads at the top of this page devoted to a guy who no longer works here. You people are just Ahabs hunting your white whales. I refuse to live in constant anger over XLIX. I got over it in 2015. Anyway, I'm done arguing over something stupid. By all means, continue your public lynching.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":gzy1cpdf said:

Seahawks were tied for 8th in points scored per game in 2013.

Since we were using points per game to put us at 6th this year, just thought I would throw that out there.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
The decline in the offense is directly tied to Bevell and Cables inability to adjust to the new cut blocking rules and adapting to different defenses.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Schotty was a lateral move, Solari was order of magnitudes higher than Cable.

I wanted both Cable and Bevell gone in the worst way. Getting rid of the coach with the worst lines in the league who was oline coach, run game coordinator and assistant head coach is prime reason number one for having a competent oline and run game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smellyman":1266hwvt said:
Schotty was a lateral move
No, he wasn't; and here's proof. An intelligent and successful adjustment. IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME. Possibly Bevell's biggest weakness, and one that falls squarely on his shoulders; you can't throw that off onto Cable.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DannyBKelly/status/1080655506040008704[/tweet]

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Maulbert":36upkxu5 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":36upkxu5 said:
chris98251":36upkxu5 said:

I don't think Bevell is better than Schotty, I just believe Bevell gets more blame than he deserves, and Schotty gets more credit. I have never shied away from the fact that I believe our struggles stemmed from Cable's incompetence first, speaking of potatoes. Cable has shown himself to be utterly inept. Bevell had a great offensive season in 2009 with the Vikings, getting a career low interception total and percentage out of a 40 year old Brett Farve. Bevell deserves a shot without Cable. That's all I've ever said. I never said we should have kept him. I don't want him back. But this fanbase wants a single scapegoat to blame for XLIX, so they refuse to acknowledge he might even be a middle-of-the-road coordinator, and maybe even better than some of the guys employed by this league. There are two threads at the top of this page devoted to a guy who no longer works here. You people are just Ahabs hunting your white whales. I refuse to live in constant anger over XLIX. I got over it in 2015. Anyway, I'm done arguing over something stupid. By all means, continue your public lynching.

Truthfully, I don't really think Bevell's a white whale. More like a dolphin that got stuck in the tuna nets and we kept him because he was dying anyway and nobody can tell the difference between dolphin and albacore anyway.

getnasty

Reaction score
chris98251":282whjze said:

Bevell offense was just fine when the line wasn't horrible. Look no further then the Cardinals game to see what Bevell had to deal with the last couple of years. I'm no Bevell fan but he's not as bad as most think.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope DB gets a gig with either the Cowboys, Niners, Stealers, Patriots.
Let him kill those offenses off.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":yeyvy3b4 said:
chris98251":yeyvy3b4 said:

Bevell offense was just fine when the line wasn't horrible. Look no further then the Cardinals game to see what Bevell had to deal with the last couple of years. I'm no Bevell fan but he's not as bad as most think.

It was never fine, Tjack was getting killed, Rice was never used to his potential, Harvin was just a bubble screen guy, Graham was never used properly, unless your name was Lynch nobody else could run the ball and yet we have three guys doing it this year, Wilson would be in a ER still if he didn't have his evasive maneuvers, never had a middle of the field route tree.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":3dw2qg2g said:
getnasty":3dw2qg2g said:
chris98251":3dw2qg2g said:

It was never fine, Tjack was getting killed, Rice was never used to his potential, Harvin was just a bubble screen guy, Graham was never used properly, unless your name was Lynch nobody else could run the ball and yet we have three guys doing it this year, Wilson would be in a ER still if he didn't have his evasive maneuvers, never had a middle of the field route tree.

I'd love some screens from Schotty, bubble or otherwise.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smellyman":323x2k7k said:
chris98251":323x2k7k said:
getnasty":323x2k7k said:
chris98251":323x2k7k said:

I'd love some screens from Schotty, bubble or otherwise.
No on the bubble as it’s the worst play in football, other type of screens, yes please.