Bengals plan to interview Hue Jackson for HC

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1080512067998752768[/tweet]

Dp6ek-4VYAANID3.jpg

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Satisfies the Rooney rule nothing more..if the hire him that franchise should just fold and send aj green our way.

knownone

Reaction score
It's been rumored for a while but now that it's potentially coming true is awesome. I mean, how often do teams take the recommendation from the coach they just fired seriously?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
So basically Marvin Lewis' parting gift to the Bengals after 16 seasons and no playoff wins is Hue Jackson?

Sounds about right.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I understand the Rooney Rule and why it’s in place and all that other crap but for crying out loud, they’re either obviously stupid or absolutely stupid. It’s a shane the way teams treat that rule. It has to be the only reason for their consideration of Hue Jackson. I mean, no team can be that stupid, can they?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1x5rkpbt said:
Satisfies the Rooney rule nothing more..if the hire him that franchise should just fold and send aj green our way.

Except they've also interviewed Vance Joseph, and also have Eric Bieniemy scheduled, indicating that they're kicking the tires on both Hue AND Vance rather than using them to satisfy that purpose.

getnasty

Reaction score
My guess is there just doing out respect for Marvin Lewis.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I think there's merit behind this. Hue is someone Mike Brown is "comfortable" with. If this does happen.....that would be so Bengals.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":h3rw2hcn said:
I understand the Rooney Rule and why it’s in place and all that other crap but for crying out loud, they’re either obviously stupid or absolutely stupid. It’s a shane the way teams treat that rule. It has to be the only reason for their consideration of Hue Jackson. I mean, no team can be that stupid, can they?
They kept Marvin for 16 years.They can be that stupid

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Seanhawk":14eesp0x said:
So basically Marvin Lewis' parting gift to the Bengals after 16 seasons and no playoff wins is Hue Jackson?

Sounds about right.

I can't think of a more Browns thing to do. Wait, Cincy. Ok, that's definitely an Ohio thing to do.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Can we not assume it's due to Rooney rule whenever a black coach is considered for a head coaching position? Even if you think that's why... is it really necessary to say it? It's kind of disgusting.

Maulbert

Reaction score
BigMeach":1fmg94xa said:
Can we not assume it's due to Rooney rule whenever a black coach is considered for a head coaching position? Even if you think that's why... is it really necessary to say it? It's kind of disgusting.

It's the only logical reason why anyone would interview Hue Jackson.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
BigMeach":hndydsuu said:
Can you think of any other reason that Hue Jackson would be interviewed? In Hue's case he has shown on a consistent basis that he has no place being an HC in the NFL. I believe he was the quickest coach ever to 50 losses. He is quite possibly the worst HC in NFL history. His merits say that he is a Rooney Rule candidate.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":o4ub5m9z said:
BigMeach":o4ub5m9z said:
Can you think of any other reason that Hue Jackson would be interviewed? In Hue's case he has shown on a consistent basis that he has no place being an HC in the NFL. I believe he was the quickest coach ever to 50 losses. He is quite possibly the worst HC in NFL history. His merits say that he is a Rooney Rule candidate.

No, he wasn't, but that's only because he was fired with a record of 11-44-1.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maulbert":36yebi6t said:
Spin Doctor":36yebi6t said:
BigMeach":36yebi6t said:

Ah, that is right. Either way, he had a chance at getting that title. He is truly a dismal head coaching candidate.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2jktj7hg said:
Maulbert":2jktj7hg said:
Spin Doctor":2jktj7hg said:
BigMeach":2jktj7hg said:

Ah, that is right. Either way, he had a chance at getting that title. He is truly a dismal head coaching candidate.

Can you believe, Gus Bradley was 14-48 as a head coach, and he's only the third worst NFL head coach in the last 10 years? No one challenged Bert Bell as the worst coach in NFL history for 70+ years except Dave Shula, but in the last decade, Bradley, Jackson, and Steve Spagnuolo firmly slot themselves at #'s 2-4.

Latest posts