OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Maulbert":2tyn55eq said:
I'm not jealous of the Chargers.

Check the trophy case and get over it.

Validation of winning 3 or 4 games consecutively against good teams in one season just doesn't turn my crank like the guts of a discrete tactical decision that pans out.

48 was victory lap that wasn't about discrete tactical decisions at all.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
getnasty":3opnz1fv said:
cool to see Gus Bradley getting some love

Makes me wonder if he hadn't gone chasing that HC gig in Jax...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maulbert":1mavq3um said:

Wow, the old trophy case insult. What are we turning into, Cowboy fans?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":27rss6ia said:
Maulbert":27rss6ia said:

It's not an insult, I'm not using it against a Chargers fan. Just sick of all the armchair coaches and gms that pop up after elimination. Simmer down.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maulbert":34qoyptu said:
Spin Doctor":34qoyptu said:
Maulbert":34qoyptu said:

It's not an insult, I'm not using it against a Chargers fan. Just sick of all the armchair coaches and gms that pop up after elimination. Simmer down.
Our last and only Super Bowl was in 2013, 6 years ago. The fact of the matter is that the Seahawks got knocked out before the Chargers. Our Super Bowl was then, this is now. The trophy case insult is what Cowboy fans always threw out whenever they got defeated by a team that hadn't won the Super Bowl, or felt insecure about their team. Don't be like 49er and Cowboy fans.

If you're sick of it you should take a break from this forum. It is always like this at the end of the season, especially in a loss where the head coach made some questionable decisions in a winning game. If you think this is bad you should have seen this place after the Super Bowl loss in 2014. This place is about discussion, and discourse. If everyone had the same opinion this place would be boring.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Chargers were the team I thought could actually shake up the AFC this year and beat the Pats. Best roster Rivers has had around him in probably 10 years. Solid D, solid run game, very talented WR. Chiefs just played a slightly better season, hard for WC teams to go all the way but they are definitely built to do it. Honestly will be happy to see any team but NE make the SB.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Maulbert":21gslqm5 said:
Spin Doctor":21gslqm5 said:
Maulbert":21gslqm5 said:

Im a fan respecting this specific instance if tactical thought and application. Not an armchair anything.

Maulbert

Reaction score
mrt144":1y48uc92 said:
Maulbert":1y48uc92 said:
Spin Doctor":1y48uc92 said:
Maulbert":1y48uc92 said:

Im a fan respecting this specific instance if tactical thought and application. Not an armchair anything.

Really? Does that respect include the part were you said you shouldn't be jealous of the LA 'freaking' Chargers?

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Maulbert":3omlitj3 said:
mrt144":3omlitj3 said:
Maulbert":3omlitj3 said:
Spin Doctor":3omlitj3 said:

Really? Does that respect include the part were you said you shouldn't be jealous of the LA 'freaking' Chargers?

Yes. Its a hyperbolic way of stating it juxtaposed against a latent disgust with them. Would it be better if I phrased it different like "Miss Gus" or something similar. Regardless, I thiught it was a great anecdote about how tge sausage is made in the nfl, and itd be cool to have some of that sausage process explained for the hawks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you are any kind of a football fan, you have to root against the Chargers.

They are all that is wrong in the world of sports. Maybe not Redskins level of wrong, or Raiders level - but damned close.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Chargers have what we don't, a talented defense. Derwin James is a phenom, and without ET, a rookie at Corner, and all the other injuries at Safety, I'm surprised we made it as far as we did.

And Joey Bosa! That guy is amazing. Add in Melvin Ingram and you have dual threats to rush the passer. We have....1 guy.

I like the Chargers, but there's a reason that the other owners call the Chargers owner the "Lord of No Rings." ;

NINEster

Reaction score
I like seeing parity in SB winning champions.

Once upon a time, I wanted to see the Seahawks win their first Super Bowl (!!!) and the Cardinals too. These two were firmly entrenched NFC West teams at that time, going up against the darling Steelers.

I have rooted for the former NFC West teams to win the SBs they appeared in....Saints, Falcons, Panthers (vs NE more so than Denver).

As for the Rams, I have never rooted for them in the SB as their Kurt Warner appearances they had the Niners # and the sting was still fresh. Now a Rams rematch against New England, I'm not so sure....

So yeah, Chargers/Chiefs........even for those here holding AFC West grudges.

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't be jealous of the Chargers. They played a QB whose only great at running the ball and wildly inaccurate passing. If the Ravens put Flacco in and actually had the threat of the deep pass to keep the Chargers from stacking the box they probably lose the game.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
knownone":1y0i113c said:
I wouldn't be jealous of the Chargers. They played a QB whose only great at running the ball and wildly inaccurate passing. If the Ravens put Flacco in and actually had the threat of the deep pass to keep the Chargers from stacking the box they probably lose the game.

But the Ravens didn't match move for move. Which is interesting in its own right.