Broncos hire Vic Fangio as HC

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1083046454657191936[/tweet]

Trrrroy

Reaction score
This is the best hire of the offseason. Vic Fangio is long overdue for a head coaching gig.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
Trrrroy":ydujjhb0 said:
This is the best hire of the offseason. Vic Fangio is long overdue for a head coaching gig.

Looks like Kubiak is going to get OC too. Pretty solid starting point on D to implement his system.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Denver is already a 34 team too, so that should help with getting the defense going. Before he got Mack he had that Bears D in the top 10.

James in PA

Reaction score
Fangio and Kubiak. Elway’s not messing around. Maybe we’ll see a Seattle vs Denver SB rematch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94Smith

Reaction score
Glad for Fangio but I can't help wonder why he hasn't been offered a HC position before. I wonder how he will handle the game day duties and day to day head coach responsibilities?

Fade

Reaction score
Fangio & Kubiak are a sick combo.

These guys everywhere they go build top units that the coordinate.

It comes down to them getting a QB, but Kubiak's system would be very helpful for Keenum.

sdog1981

Reaction score
94Smith":m5icvb3w said:
Glad for Fangio but I can't help wonder why he hasn't been offered a HC position before. I wonder how he will handle the game day duties and day to day head coach responsibilities?

Fangio not getting the 49ers job was odd. To me, it kind of highlighted the dysfunction that was going on at the time.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":ng6mftga said:

It comes down to them getting a QB, but Kubiak's system would be very helpful for Keenum.

They must not get along well. Kubiak bolted... strange.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
They still have Case as their QB.
And are playing in the AFC West.
I don't see how they challenge the Chiefs and Chargers in the next 2 years.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3g3nada5 said:
Fade":3g3nada5 said:

They must not get along well. Kubiak bolted... strange.

According to a post in the Falcons site, they had a twitter that said that Kubiak wanted some old coaches and the Fangio did not want to go that direction.

"Elway blocked Kubiak because he wanted him as OC. This gave whoever the new coach an established OC who is loved by the team and fans.

Fangio and Kubiak didn't agree on certain things in their meeting and Fangio didn't offer the position to him. Supposedly Kubiak wanted certain other coaches on staff and Fangio didn't want a packaged deal.

Since Kubiak is not wanted by the new HC, Elway removed the block." from a poster. I am looking for the tweet.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
Vikings hiring former Broncos’ HC Gary Kubiak in an offensive advisory role, per a league source. Kubiak’s son, Klint, is expected to become Vikings’ QB coach and Kevin Stefanski will remain as Vikings’ OC.
3:29 PM - Jan 14, 2019

Daddy, can you get me a job somewhere in the NFL, I hear they pay pretty well for people without knowledge.