Would you take Golden Tate back?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I would. Not even on a friendly contract. Fair contract.

Guy is a baller and we should have never have let him go. I know................ Harvin contract......... but he should be a Seahawk.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I like What Golden brings. Toughness. YAC.

Russell may need to keep Ciara in LA though. j/k

nwHawk

Reaction score
Thought we needed to trade for him before the deadline. Tough, YAC, doesn't require the ball constantly. Would love to add a guy like Tate in the offseason.

BChawkfan

Reaction score
You guys are just asking for bad ju - ju !!!
And I'm not talking Smith-Schuster

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Only year we won the super bowl was when he was on the roster.

If he and Wilson are willing to set their past aside, then yes.

However, I'd like Wilson to have a taller target to go to. Lockett and Baldwin are great, but smaller in stature. Tate would be more of the same.

The draft pick of Lockett was intended to fill the void left by Tate imo

chris98251

Reaction score
Jerhawk":146ghkc3 said:

However, I'd like Wilson to have a taller target to go to. Lockett and Baldwin are great, but smaller in stature. Tate would be more of the same.

No it wasn't, he was drafted as a Kick returner first and a project at WR.

Harvin was his replacement.

The closest thing we have to what Tate was is on IR in Prosise, WR / RB type. They still hope he can be that and I really wish they would make him a WR first RB second.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
He's not coming back if the rumors from before are true. Kind of silly to even suggest it when considering that. Plus, Tate has made some side comments and tweets in recent years

HawkSince87

Reaction score
Nope. Would cause locker room problems. Anyone that thinks there’s not something that happened between he and RW/RW ex-wife is naive as hell and I’ve got some land to sell you.

Tical21

Reaction score
We don't throw nearly enough to justify paying 3 WRs while we have so many needs on defense.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
chris98251":1lwiwyd7 said:
Jerhawk":1lwiwyd7 said:

No it wasn't, he was drafted as a Kick returner first and a project at WR.

Harvin was his replacement.

The closest thing we have to what Tate was is on IR in Prosise, WR / RB type. They still hope he can be that and I really wish they would make him a WR first RB second.

Nodded my head this whole post. Hindsight is 20 20 but we should have kept Tate who was willing to give a discount and traded Harvin right after the super bowl

NINEster

Reaction score
HawkSince87":8xeg0byi said:
Nope. Would cause locker room problems. Anyone that thinks there’s not something that happened between he and RW/RW ex-wife is naive as hell and I’ve got some land to sell you.

For a Christian couple to divorce so young......could only be one thing.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
NINEster":35gm504x said:
HawkSince87":35gm504x said:

She's barren?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":210ly6kk said:
NINEster":210ly6kk said:
HawkSince87":210ly6kk said:

She's barren?

Klingon. This is why you do blood tests. Green blood is bad. :stirthepot:

ivotuk

Reaction score
NINEster":2i4g3sku said:
HawkSince87":2i4g3sku said:

I don't think she was Christian. Impression I got is that she wanted to live it up.

Pete wanted him back, and John offered 4 million per year I believe, but rather than negotiate, Tate felt insulted and signed Detroit's first offer which was 7 million per year.

Golden was on 710 and said "I'm going to vent" and he told that story. When he got the first offer, he told his agent to "sign whatever Detroit is offering."

Pete later said "That was handled the way we wanted it to be.

And Golden was NOT going to take a home town discount. Not sure why this rumor keeps popping back up. Unless someone can find a legitimate source, I don't believe it.

IIRC, he said he might take a tiny home town discount, but just because it would be the same as more money anywhere else. (Income Taxes, moving, etc). Not really a discount.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
ivotuk":30l8f75c said:
NINEster":30l8f75c said:
HawkSince87":30l8f75c said:
And Golden was NOT going to take a home town discount. Not sure why this rumor keeps popping back up. Unless someone can find a legitimate source, I don't believe it.

IIRC, he said he might take a tiny home town discount, .

You contradicted yourself, you said he said that he IS not taking any discount (at all) then admitted he said he would take a small discount.

Here's the actual quote

"I probably shouldn't even say this right now, but I'm going to say it anyway just because I love Seattle. Honestly, I would rather take a little less to be happy and win ballgames than to take way more and go to a crappy city where the fans don't give a crap about the team," Tate said. "You win a game once a month or something like that. I'd much rather stay in the situation that I have now for a little less than to go and try to break the bank somewhere else."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ate-id-take-a-little-less-to-stay-on-seahawks

Latest posts