maroon5 will take center stage at @SuperBowl LIII!

Mindsink

Reaction score
Maroon5 has just as much cachet (if not more) as past performers such as Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, and others.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Mindsink":1y7wgo3b said:
Maroon5 has just as much cachet (if not more) as past performers such as Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Justin Timberlake, and others.
...said nobody, ever./

Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously though, Maroon 5 is hot garbage.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Not my cup of tea, though getting 1/2 of Outkast is pretty cool.

Objectively, Adam Levine is a tremendously talented musician, even though I'm not a fan of his band.

DJrmb

Reaction score
RockinHawks":11osz3bz said:
Mindsink":11osz3bz said:
...said nobody, ever./

While you're certainly welcome to an opinion of your own, it doesn't make it truth.

Since 2000, Maroon 5 has had 13 songs in Billboard’s Top 10—twice as many as any other band. Including solo artists, only Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Beyonce, and Katy Perry have had more.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com...opular-american-band-of-the-21st-century/amp/

They're one of the most popular bands of the current times. What's the old saying? If everyone is telling you that you're wrong than you're probably wrong...

djb28

Reaction score
Go to YouTube and type, ' Adam Levine guitar solo' prepare to be amazed!

Mindsink

Reaction score
There are some seriously talented musicians in that band. They are underrated as such because they're so mainstream.

I can tell you from the opinion of a gigging musician myself, that their stuff is really really good.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I find myself laughing to myself when I see football fans complaining about the halftime performers. We all know that they don't bring those performers in for the football fans. They bring them in for the non fan or the casual fan and a group like Maroon 5 will get a lot of that group watching the halftime show.

Mindsink

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3lzus81g said:
Good players in that band, but meh. Beer Run at Halftime! :irishdrinkers:

To be fair, beer run takes priority over any halftime show. Just saying.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mindsink":sx3tnrf3 said:

i.e. chicks love them...............which is really what the halftime show is about now, making sure women still tune in and care about the SB, and are excited about it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
DJrmb":3s7k0lgh said:
RockinHawks":3s7k0lgh said:
Mindsink":3s7k0lgh said:
...said nobody, ever./

While you're certainly welcome to an opinion of your own, it doesn't make it truth.

Since 2000, Maroon 5 has had 13 songs in Billboard’s Top 10—twice as many as any other band. Including solo artists, only Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Eminem, Beyonce, and Katy Perry have had more.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com...opular-american-band-of-the-21st-century/amp/

They're one of the most popular bands of the current times. What's the old saying? If everyone is telling you that you're wrong than you're probably wrong...

Oh c'mon....

Seriously, if we really want to go back and forth we can provide numbers showing Beyonce, Eminem, Taylor Swift, etc. FAR exceeding Maroon 5 numbers

13 songs in Billboard Top 10 is a lot different from album and streaming sales, #1 hits, sold out shows, and flat out name recognition. I like Adam and Outkast, but there's no comparison

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":34fewr9m said:
Oh c'mon....

Seriously, if we really want to go back and forth we can provide numbers showing Beyonce, Eminem, Taylor Swift, etc. FAR exceeding Maroon 5 numbers

13 songs in Billboard Top 10 is a lot different from album and streaming sales, #1 hits, sold out shows, and flat out name recognition. I like Adam and Outkast, but there's no comparison

Not sure what you're arguing about, Maroon 5 is popular, very popular...............and they have a lead singer that all the ladies find dreamy.

Sure their music sucks, but the halftime show jumped that shark years ago.

chris98251

Reaction score
Send wife to the store, watch commercials and get Bar B Que stuff flipped, Sauced up or whatever for next round of goodies. Never let the wife take over the Bar B Que............................

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2nset265 said:
DJrmb":2nset265 said:
RockinHawks":2nset265 said:
Mindsink":2nset265 said:
...said nobody, ever./

Oh c'mon....

Maroon 5 is a popular mainstream band. They appeal across several genre's it's silly to dispute they aren't a good pick for the Super Bowl.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Ever since I heard "Harder to Breathe" I've hated Maroon 5. It's formulaic panty-wetting music.

Adam Levine seems like a good dude and their band has talented people in it. But it's lame, which is why a lot of people like it. At least they're not Nickleback, I guess.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
At best, the performers are there playing for "free", which means an all expense first class trip the biggest event on the planet plus unimaginable exposure.

Some have posited artists actually pay in the neighborhood of $2-3 million for the exposure. I haven't seen the paper trail.

Doesn't seem too far fetched.