Philip Rivers perspective on Chargers Season

ivotuk

Reaction score
This is a good video, and a great way to look at a season. There were successes, but 31 teams go home disappointed at the end of the season. That doesn't mean that 2018 was a failure, just a stepping stone to 2019.

Philip Rivers on the 2018 Season

[youtube]Zrw_DX1Qhfs[/youtube]

A lot of great comments, and I really liked this one:

AVL -- 2 days ago

Thank you Philip for all your passion and dedication. We may not have been able to get the W but watching you gut out every play till the very end resonated with me.

You took hit after hit and no matter how much pain you were in you still tried to play your best and finish the game. I will never forget that, even if it was in a blowout loss you showed a toughness and resolve not many people have. That's why you will always be my QB till the day I die.

I will be there when you are inducted in the HOF and I'm sure your speech will be incredible. Thank you #17

toffee

Reaction score
IF we didn't draft Wilson, instead somehow we managed to trade for Rivers. Got to wonder how Hawks history would have changed?

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":21zunvwm said:
IF we didn't draft Wilson, instead somehow we managed to trade for Rivers. Got to wonder how Hawks history would have changed?

If Knox would have got his way and we picked Brett Farve.

If we had turf instead of carpet in the Kingdome would Curt Warner been a hall of Famer.

If they would have handed the ball to Lynch would we have two Super Bowl Victories.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":3u7f3ysr said:
toffee":3u7f3ysr said:

If we had turf instead of carpet in the Kingdome would Curt Warner been a hall of Famer.

If they would have handed the ball to Lynch would we have two Super Bowl Victories.

Farve? Would have been interesting the 92 Seahawks would have been a different story with a good QB.

They did have Astroturf in the Kingdome.

No handing the ball off to Lynch would have not worked. Cable's Olines where pathetic in goal to go situations.

chris98251

Reaction score
sdog1981":32f9jmmf said:
chris98251":32f9jmmf said:
toffee":32f9jmmf said:

Farve? Would have been interesting the 92 Seahawks would have been a different story with a good QB.

They did have Astroturf in the Kingdome.

No handing the ball off to Lynch would have not worked. Cable's Olines where pathetic in goal to go situations.

Astroturf was carpet.

Ask Curt about seams in it.

Osprey

Reaction score
chris98251":14gac79l said:
Astroturf was carpet.

That stuff was little more than a thin coat of plastic over concrete. Only played one game on it, but G-d it sucked.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Osprey":3rtuprby said:
chris98251":3rtuprby said:
Astroturf was carpet.

That stuff was little more than a thin coat of plastic over concrete. Only played one game on it, but G-d it sucked.

Crazy thing about that stuff was that it had a one directional "flow" as well...

Slide wirh the flow and its like being on wet grass. Other way... was like sliding on cobble road

Jac

Reaction score
chris98251":35dijpoe said:
toffee":35dijpoe said:

If Seattle would have interviewed/hired Bill Walsh, Joe Montana and the West Coast Offense dynasty would have been ours.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_ ... e-seahawks

If Seattle would have pushed harder to sign Warren Moon...

I'm sure every team can play the "woulda coulda shoulda", but we've been frustratingly close to some franchise defining moments that we didn't act on.