The Saints were jobbed

BigBill1945

Reaction score
If these refs are not fined, there will be no justice. This makes me hate thRams more than I do!

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
I sure hope the chiefs win now but after watching this game, the fix will be rams vs cheatriots in the super bowl. This might be the first super bowl I would not watch

knownone

Reaction score
The NFL has done whatever it takes to get the Rams to the Superbowl. This is just another example in a long line of examples.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Sour grapes that’ll no doubt get turned into headlines.

4 out of Saints previous 5 drives ended in punts. They had plenty of opportunities to put the Rams away - and they blew it.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I suspect next year we will get replay on DPI calls.

peppersjap

Reaction score
cdn hawk fan":2nkorwts said:
I sure hope the chiefs win now but after watching this game, the fix will be rams vs cheatriots in the super bowl. This might be the first super bowl I would not watch
Same thing I was thinking! I'm not sure I would watch either. That missed PI was ridiculous. The NFL should be ashamed but they won't be.

knownone

Reaction score
uncle fester":bmq6c5j9 said:

4 out of Saints previous 5 drives ended in punts. They had plenty of opportunities to put the Rams away - and they blew it.
It's not sour grapes. The referees missed a game-defining penalty that was so blatant that it should have been two separate penalties. That decided the game, the previous Saints drives did not.

253hawk

Reaction score
It wasn't just missed DPI, it was also helmet to helmet. Either way it should have been 1st and G with about 1:49 and only 1 timeout for the Rams. It was game over right there.

mrblitz

Reaction score
yeah it's tough to know, the totality of what goes on in this league. it does seem at times, as though like there is a sort of 'guiding hand' to how the refs call/don't call from play to play. ymmv

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":3ifj6u73 said:
Mad Dog":3ifj6u73 said:
I suspect next year we will get replay on DPI calls.
Not going to happen when the NFL is trying to shorten games.
They do it in the CFL and games can go on for another hour. Just let the best team win...guess the Saints needed another hurricane to get a better storyline than selling the LA market.

uncle fester

Reaction score
knownone":r93iwtaz said:
uncle fester":r93iwtaz said:

It's not sour grapes. The referees missed a game-defining penalty that was so blatant that it should have been two separate penalties. That decided the game, the previous Saints drives did not.

Rams were dead in the water, Goff was all over the place and Gurley wasn't even playing. Brees had ample room in those four drives to put the game out of reach and Payton got cute with fancy play calling that didn't work. That's stuff that decides games. They let the Rams back in it when it should've been over long before that call.

Chapow

Reaction score
uncle fester":3mkah1ag said:
knownone":3mkah1ag said:
uncle fester":3mkah1ag said:

Rams were dead in the water, Goff was all over the place and Gurley wasn't even playing. Brees had ample room in those four drives to put the game out of reach and Payton got cute with fancy play calling that didn't work. That's stuff that decides games. They let the Rams back in it when it should've been over long before that call.

And yet, even with all that, if that CLEAR and OBVIOUS penalty gets called, the Saints run out the clock and kick a game winning FG.

The refs prevented the Saints from winning the game at that point by choosing not to call a very clear and obvious penalty.

hawk45

Reaction score
Chapow":35c53pkc said:
uncle fester":35c53pkc said:
knownone":35c53pkc said:
uncle fester":35c53pkc said:

And yet, even with all that, if that CLEAR and OBVIOUS penalty gets called, the Saints run out the clock and kick a game winning FG.

The refs prevented the Saints from winning the game at that point by choosing not to call a very clear and obvious penalty.

Yep, the non call was the proximate cause of the loss. The game was won before the call and not won after.

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":2uli7d80 said:
Aints got away with crap all game long.
Both teams got away with holds all game. But he straight tackled him way before he was even close to catchinging it, never turned his head and hit him in the head. He didn’t make 1 good play for it not to be called.

edogg23

Reaction score
The superbowl is tainted big time. That was one of the worst no calls I have ever seen.