Change one play from each game

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
And you have different teams going to the Super Bowl.

Make the obvious DPI call on the Rams, Saints are going.

Ford for KC lies up onside on the interception play, KC is going.

Oh well, at least the NFL is getting their “dream matchup”. :pukeface:

Mizak

Reaction score
I didn’t see the Ford offsides penalty. Was it legit?

JRobinson

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3700vevg said:

You didn’t think he was indeed lined up in the neutral zone?

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Mizak":2jmi26wl said:

Yes, he was lined up way into the neutral zone. Dont think he affected the play, just dumb as hell.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Mizak":171gfnue said:

Yeah it was legit and it wasn't even close.

JRobinson

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":y1pubqln said:
Mizak":y1pubqln said:

Yes, he was lined up way into the neutral zone. Dont think he affected the play, just dumb as hell.

Yeah. Agreed.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JRobinson":2jqs087d said:
Sports Hernia":2jqs087d said:

You didn’t think he was indeed lined up in the neutral zone?
Ford was clearly offsides.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The bogus roughing the passer call that directly led to a NE TD. That was 2nd and 7. It would've been 3rd and 7. KC scored a TD the next drive and could've been up 28-17. If the call isn’t made maybe NE converts on 3rd down but regardless, it had a major impact on the game.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
BChawkfan":229c2wyk said:
I would say the coin toss at the end of regulation

Allowing each team a possession in OT is an area I wish the league would consider. While the detractors would say if your defense can't prevent the other team from scoring a TD they prob don't deserve to win, I would counter that by OT, both defenses are exhausted and it wouldn't hurt anything guaranteeing each side a possession.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":3o93e4vv said:
The bogus roughing the passer call that directly led to a NE TD. That was 3rd and long. KC scored a TD the next drive and likely would’ve been up 28-17. If the call isn’t made maybe NE goes for it on 4th but regardless it had a major impact on the game.

No, it was 2nd and 7.

pmedic920

Reaction score
It’s truly a sad state of affairs.

The fact is something needs to be done about the situation.

Too many games across the board are having outcomes effected by bad calls, missed calls etc etc.

The NFL is the largest sports authority in the world (I think), they obviously have enough money to fix this issue if they want too.

I don’t have Thee answers but several possibilities come to mind.

They could make every official a FULL TIME employee, and require them to train just like players train.
We all have to train to do our jobs.
Hell, personally I wouldn’t have a job if I missed something akin to that DPI non call.

They could have a panel of 3-5 off field officials at every game to keep an eye on things. That panel would be authorized to step in when theses things happen.
I’ve NEVER heard a NFL fan for ANY team say “I’m going to stop watching football if the game lasts 20 minutes longer”
How many people are saying they are loosing interest today? (Rhetorical)

I’m not going to argue the what if’s but it’s a fact, games are being effected, and season outcomes are changed by bad calls, non calls etc etc.
Personality I think this has always happened to an extent, and I think technology is part of the reason we are seeing more of it these days. You know, better cameras and more of them, better and quicker replays etc.

I know that the NFL could fix the problem.

My opinion is, that they must not want too.

Sure, change one play in the games yesterday, and different teams go to the big dance.
Many games have that scenario in them but that one play should always be something a player/players did/didn’t do. It should never be something an official did/didn’t do.

YMMV

Edit:
For extra giggles

This just popped up on my alerts
7c583e1fd984039f6fda21361eff7085.jpg

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":138l6h6p said:
West TX Hawk":138l6h6p said:
The bogus roughing the passer call that directly led to a NE TD. That was 3rd and long. KC scored a TD the next drive and likely would’ve been up 28-17. If the call isn’t made maybe NE goes for it on 4th but regardless it had a major impact on the game.

No, it was 2nd and 7.

I was mistaken. Yes it was 2nd and 7 but giving them 15 yards there was terrible. As JJ Watt said about that horrid call: "tgis is out of control. Game changing plays. Life changing plays."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thespun.co ... -brady/amp

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pmedic920":g1isz3lx said:
It’s truly a sad state of affairs.

The fact is something needs to be done about the situation.

Too many games across the board are having outcomes effected by bad calls, missed calls etc etc.

The NFL is the largest sports authority in the world (I think), they obviously have enough money to fix this issue if they want too.

I don’t have Thee answers but several possibilities come to mind.

They could make every official a FULL TIME employee, and require them to train just like players train.
We all have to train to do our jobs.
Hell, personally I wouldn’t have a job if I missed something akin to that DPI non call.

They could have a panel of 3-5 off field officials at every game to keep an eye on things. That panel would be authorized to step in when theses things happen.
I’ve NEVER heard a NFL fan for ANY team say “I’m going to stop watching football if the game lasts 20 minutes longer”
How many people are saying they are loosing interest today? (Rhetorical)

I’m not going to argue the what if’s but it’s a fact, games are being effected, and season outcomes are changed by bad calls, non calls etc etc.
Personality I think this has always happened to an extent, and I think technology is part of the reason we are seeing more of it these days. You know, better cameras and more of them, better and quicker replays etc.

I know that the NFL could fix the problem.

My opinion is, that they must not want too.

Sure, change one play in the games yesterday, and different teams go to the big dance.
Many games have that scenario in them but that one play should always be something a player/players did/didn’t do. It should never be something an official did/didn’t do.

YMMV

Edit:
For extra giggles

This just popped up on my alerts
7c583e1fd984039f6fda21361eff7085.jpg
They can start with holding their officials accountable and make all discipline public. If they aren’t willing to do that they must be getting their desired results.

They also need to make all game changing plays/calls/no calls reviewable. The CFL has had PI/non PI reviewable since 2014. It CAN be done if they want it to be.

The NFL’s integrity is teetering in the balance.