The Pro Bowl

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Who will watch? I'm thinking it's a better option than the game that follows it a week later. At least the refs wont be a factor and we get to see Wilson play...

kobebryant

Reaction score
The Pro Bowl is the annual thing that players from around the league participate in while the Patriots prepare for the Super Bowl.

It is always a tough watch, especially in the trenches. But I don't blame the players at all for going easy on each other. I may watch briefly, but that depends on the weather here this weekend.

Basketball is the most enjoyable all-star game in my opinion, football and hockey are just too inherently physical for it to be aesthetically pleasing with all-star game levels of effort. Baseball probably offers the closest resemblance to the regular product, but is a snoozefest at the best of times.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":37hw1vwa said:
Who will watch? I'm thinking it's a better option than the game that follows it a week later. At least the refs wont be a factor and we get to see Wilson play...

I haven't actually watched a pro bowl for a number of years now. I do find the skills competitions can be fun to watch though.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3j5oso1v said:
The Pro Bowl is the annual thing that players from around the league participate in while the Patriots prepare for the Super Bowl.

It is always a tough watch, especially in the trenches. But I don't blame the players at all for going easy on each other. I may watch briefly, but that depends on the weather here this weekend.

Basketball is the most enjoyable all-star game in my opinion, football and hockey are just too inherently physical for it to be aesthetically pleasing with all-star game levels of effort. Baseball probably offers the closest resemblance to the regular product, but is a snoozefest at the best of times.

I’ll watch part of the game. They’ve played a little more intensely the past couple years and it’s fun to see Wilson always representing the Hawks.

And I would say baseball is the most enjoyable all star game by far. There’s almost a mystique to it. Genuinely hard playing and the outstanding pitching usually dominates but you always see some great defensive plays and a couple clutch homers.

The NBA game has gotten out of hand with zero defense and teams scoring over 190 points. A little ridiculous.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
kidhawk":1rkehui4 said:
Cyrus12":1rkehui4 said:

I haven't actually watched a pro bowl for a number of years now. I do find the skills competitions can be fun to watch though.

Speaking of the skills competition. I watched it last night and how great was the good hands competition with Russell and Thielen?! The two of them breezed through that course and in a perfect world Thielen would come to Seattle. Ahhhhh *daydreaming

HawkGA

Reaction score
I haven't watched in years, but then again I don't watch most football anymore. I more so just follow it online. I will likely, at some point, check ESPN to see who won the Pro Bowl and will probably look at stats for how Seahawks players did. I think it's still a fun idea, and as mentioned the skills competitions are cool.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The last time I watched..Barry Sanders played in it..
I remember when Largent was our only player in it
for some time..
I think it's a joke of a game but that is my take.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Listening to them talk about the Mahomes kid and scratching my head. The kid chucked 50 TD balls as a rookie and the anylist says “yes but he did that from the RO. When he learns to play in the pocket and Climb the pocket instead of taking off that’s when he will be a great QB”.... come on man 50 tds is freakin great! This is how a young QB can get wasted.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":hk3fkwuf said:
Uncle Si":hk3fkwuf said:
Wilson sacked 3 times already...
It’s basically one hand touch.

4 sacks now. Refs are protecting the players but Wilson was holding onto the ball too long.

Jville

Reaction score
Funny ..... we've yet to hear a peep about how bad that offensive line sucks.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
It’s raining pretty good now. Trubinski just threw a pick six.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":g68nqmal said:
Listening to them talk about the Mahomes kid and scratching my head. The kid chucked 50 TD balls as a rookie and the anylist says “yes but he did that from the RO. When he learns to play in the pocket and Climb the pocket instead of taking off that’s when he will be a great QB”.... come on man 50 tds is freakin great! This is how a young QB can get wasted.
What you are missing is the hits he will take running that will take
it's toll..RW is already showing signs from his hits.
You cannot run all the time even if you are faking it..
You still take hits like the ones you saw in the AFC title game.
His body may be weaker than RW's..We will see.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Jville":3fxfzleo said:

Probably because no one gives a flying fork about the Pro Bowl.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3hbxk1hh said:
Jville":3hbxk1hh said:

And yet you've decided to post in the Pro Bowl thread.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":lysw3m46 said:
Seanhawk":lysw3m46 said:
Jville":lysw3m46 said:

Oh you got me there.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":130n4v5v said:
West TX Hawk":130n4v5v said:
Seanhawk":130n4v5v said:
Jville":130n4v5v said:

Oh you got me there.

Are you a proponent of discontinuing the game altogether? Others have advocated for having skills competitions only. While the game leaves much to be desired, what's the best solution?