The silence is deafening

chris98251

Reaction score
So here we are Thursday and no word from the NFL, no fine issued for Helmet to Helmet hit, no comment. Everyone else and their brother congressman, Senator, Priests etc has thrown their hat into the ring except the NFL League office,.

This is then type of thing that if the NFL wants to have Gambling involved with the league cannot be left to speculation, typically these silences are used to contrive some sort of plausible denial of responsibility or reasoning not to take any action and or hope for a diversion to happen that gets more attention and slip a comment in the back door nobody notices while a more recent issue is discussed.

Other then the yep they missed it on the eve of that game it has been silence.

No word by the man in Charge Goodell whatsoever.

Do you all think anyone is going to step up to the plate on this before they play the Super Bowl?

Or are they going to stay silent and hope it goes away, if the Rams win this whole thing could explode.

I really don't think the will but ya know L.A. Market and gifted once why not gifted twice.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, I didn't want to believe it but.....it's clear the league wanted their precious LA team, who happens to be having problems with attendance AND has a new stadium coming in........to get their Super Bowl this year.
Pathetic

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Steering is a real deal in this league. Us the fans are like sheep though and tend to forget. As long as they continue to sell tickets and merch and the fans fill the seats there will be no change. The league will continue to push the teams they want which are the big market legacy teams or the teams that are getting new stadiums or have a weak fanbase in a big market. Aka LA. It's tough to stomach but it wont be the first time and wont be the last. Honestly that is why I find myself more and more just watching Seahawk games only. If this happened to the Hawks I'd honestly be done watching. XL* was bad enough. A very tainted super bowl for sure but even the media isnt saying much anymore or they could get in some hot water. Phil Simms after the game really called out the league and Nate Burlson tried to do some quick damage control and shut him down quickly. The NFL controls those guys as well.

HawkGA

Reaction score
The most annoying thing is that if it were the Seahawks who benefited, the league would have come out right away saying they were considering a rule change.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
This will be addressed after the Super Bowl. Its a PR nightmare to admit any more than theyve already done at this point.

Not a conspiracy... just a business.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Anyone remember " the immaculate reception"
The one on footage where you never see the football?
The NFL made sure that's all you will see...
They paid off someone in the stands that had different
footage and you'll never see it..So it hasn't changed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":3jtnbj07 said:
The most annoying thing is that if it were the Seahawks who benefited, the league would have come out right away saying they were considering a rule change.
Sad but true, was just going to post this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If they do nothing, it shows the league/commish was happy with the outcome and got their desired results.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gz0o0np said:
When did the NFL become Pro Wrestling?

When Jake the Snake Goodell took over of course. :snack:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
FWIW, for the record I think outside forces and pressure will make PI calls and non-calls reviewable even if the NFL doesn’t really want it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":24r9m9ho said:
SoulfishHawk":24r9m9ho said:
When did the NFL become Pro Wrestling?

When Jake the Snake Goodell took over of course. :snack:
When Rog pulls that deadly snake out of the bag, that’s some scary stuff right there! 8)

James in PA

Reaction score
Goodell is a friggin coward with no integrity. Of course he didn’t have the balls to enforce Rule 17 and redo the ending of that game. But at the very, very least he should have spoken about this controversy DAYS ago. But, I’m sure his “advisers” are telling him “the timing isn’t right.” Just disgusting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kobebryant

Reaction score
The silence is ridiculous, but I suppose that they really don't want to undermine the legitimacy of a Super Bowl participant.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
kobebryant":yzi2dhev said:
The silence is ridiculous, but I suppose that they really don't want to undermine the legitimacy of a Super Bowl participant.

Yeah...

You cant suspend the refs, lets say, in the buildup to the biggest game.

This will be addressed in the offseason

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah maybe but how many replays of the no call will we see in the build up to the game and during the game I am wondering, huge amount or not a word.......................