If Rams win or Rams lose...

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Depending on what happens next Sunday, how will a win or a loss affect next years season? The Rams currently have 12 UFAs. Next year is also Goff’s last year on his rookie deal. If they win, we have seen that repeating is extremely difficult. Unless you are the Patriots with their weak ass division schedule, returning to the Bowl has proven to be almost impossible let alone winning back to back.

With their high number of FAs and soon to be looming QB contract, it appears that they went all in for this season. A win or loss won’t change their FA situation but as Seahawks fans we all know how player psyche plays on a team. If they lose, it might feed their hunger for the 2019 season. Of course, a loss could also propel them to in fighting and dysfunctional football. A win might be just enough to inflate their egos to unmanageable levels.

Win or lose, I see this as the pinnacle for them for awhile. The salary cap and ego will play a huge part in dissecting this team.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Can't cheer for the Patriots under any circumstance, so I'm hoping the Rams get theirs this year, and that a combination of free agent departures, lack of focus after getting a ring, and Goff coming off the rookie deal bring them back to earth. Hawks retake the division next year.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
DangerousDoug":3b2om0vp said:
Can't cheer for the Patriots under any circumstance, so I'm hoping the Rams get theirs this year, and that a combination of free agent departures, lack of focus after getting a ring, and Goff coming off the rookie deal bring them back to earth. Hawks retake the division next year.

I agree with this. In addition, a longer season is more physically draining. Less time to re-cover.

knownone

Reaction score
The Rams will be fine from a talent stand point even after paying Goff. Most of their expiring contracts are on defense and that defense was mostly horrible for the entire regular season. The Rams will be good/great as long as McVay stays ahead of the rest of the NFL on offense.

I feel like it’s a bit petty to want a division rival to win or lose just so it’s easier for the Seahawks to win next season.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I want the Rams to lose just so that the NFL narrative will be spoiled. They were gifted the Super Bowl on a silver platter by the NFL. There was clear steering and ulterior motives in that game. The Rams are pretenders, and as such I hope that the Patriots put them in their place.

This will be the only time I'm rooting for the Patriots. Under any other circumstances I would be cheering for the Rams against the Patriots, but not this time. The game left a nasty taste in my, as well as many other fans mouths. I feel dirty just thinking about what took place. I hope that the Patriots blow the Rams out and show them their rightful place.