Super Bowl LIII predictions

James in PA

Reaction score
Here are my thoughts on this dreaded matchup. My initial thought was there’s no way the Pats are losing 2 SB’s in a row. Well, I’ve changed my mind. Rams are going to win this game. I want them to lose AND they don’t deserve to be there ... that’s how I know they’ll win. Plus, an avalanche of betting $ is pouring in on the Patriots. That tells me to run like hell in the opposite direction. Then there’s that little matter of the Rams having a more talented roster. Finally, just look at New England’s recent SB’s. The Seahawks HAD THAT DAMN GAME! Atlanta HAD THAT DAMN GAME! Just inexcusable epic fails lead to NE winning both. And Philly DID beat their asses last year. My point is these guys have not dominated anyone in these games. If Doug Pederson was able to figure them out, McVay can too. Rams win a close one. OF COURSE it will be close just like every Brady & Belichick Super Bowl EVER. The big winner will of corse will be the NFL. Everyone will be talking about what a “great” Super Bowl it was, “one of the best ever.” And their precious big market Los Angeles team will have it’s trophy. Puke.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I predict I am not watching and dont care...no credibility in this game. Go Pat's because Brady gets a ring and he's done after next year. Although your prediction does make sense. We will see what the league scripts for the outcome.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
As hard as it is for me to say this, I think the Pats finally win one big.

There's no scenario where I think Goff can win a SB for the Rams, because that's what's going to have to happen. Belichick always takes away your biggest weapon, and that's Gurley/Anderson and the run game, so that means Goff is going to have to carry that offense............and probably have to score 30+ points.

I just don't see it. I see the Pats getting up early, frustrating the Rams into lots of mistakes, penalties and nonsense like they always do.

That defense as great as it can play doesn't have the discipline to play mistake free assignment football................. as Brady surgically carves them up on long drive after long drive. They'll break down, get frustrated and start imploding.

Pats 34
Rams 17

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Tough game to call. I expect the Pats defense to focus on shutting down the running game and playing press coverage against the Rams to force Goff to consistently make plays. On offense, probably very similar to the KC game. Run the ball early and often against a defense giving up over 5 yards per carry, hit the RBs out of the backfield with a little bit of space in front of them and look to hit Edelman on 3rd downs.

I think the Pats win a close one 31-28.

OP
OP
James in PA

James in PA

Reaction score
I hope you are right, Sgt. As much as the Pats annoy me, I would love to see them just destroy the Rams. I don’t trust NE to blow out anyone though. Win or lose, their Super Bowls under Belichick & Brady are always nail biters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Rams. Brady gets hit hard and often.
Rams win fairly easy. I’ll be rooting for numbers (in squares pool).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
James in PA":35k8o6l0 said:
I hope you are right, Sgt. As much as the Pats annoy me, I would love to see them just destroy the Rams. I don’t trust NE to blow out anyone though. Win or lose, their Super Bowls under Belichick & Brady are always nail biters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope I'm wrong.........watching smug ass Brady lifting another Lombardi telling us how no one believed in them is about as bad as it gets for me.

Not that I love the Rams, I hate them too. But at least if they win it means we have extra incentive to knock them off their throne next year, and more importantly that means we get to see Tom Brady sad, and sad Tom Brady is the best Tom Brady.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams win and the league tries to paint the future of a all L.A. Super Bowl possibly.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":3vfssyh3 said:
Rams win and the league tries to paint the future of a all L.A. Super Bowl possibly.

You forgot the "In L.A." part. :sarcasm_off: