Poll: Will you watch or boycott the Super Bowl?

Are you watching or boycotting the Super Bowl?

• Watching! I never miss the Big Game!

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Boycotting! I HATE the Pats, and the Rams were "Gifted" there.

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • I'll record it just to FF through the game to get to the commercials.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • GO RAMS!

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • GO PATRIOTS!

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Maybe, unless "Back To The Future" is on...

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Maroon 5 Mannnn!

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Why couldn't it be Saints/Chiefs??? SIGHHHH....

Votes: 14 25.5%

• Total voters

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I'm DVR and FF for commercials. I don't watch any game involving the Cheatriots. It just gives me an ugly feeling watching that frickin' team. If the Patriots get steamrolled I'll watch my recording just for the enjoyment of seeing that. Although you can also put me in the "Why can't it be the Saints/Chiefs?". That would have been a SB worth watching! Put me down for #2 and #6 as well...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I feel Tolkien misses me. Probably go thru the Lord Of the Rings. Then go with Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Then sleep. Not recording a bit of it. Oh...got Troll and Troll2 on dVR....may go that direction.

TreeRon

Reaction score
None of the above, I'll be sheet rocking my garage, listening to 60's rock n roll.

knownone

Reaction score
I don’t hate either team. I’m not watching because I’d feel like a hypocrit for complaining about the NFL influencing games only to support them. I’m not even tuning in to any of the media coverage; print, audio, or visual leading up to the game.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1t6st5ml said:
I feel Tolkien misses me. Probably go thru the Lord Of the Rings. Then go with Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. Then sleep. Not recording a bit of it. Oh...got Troll and Troll2 on dVR....may go that direction.

What’s your personal opinion on CS ?

You do know he rocks right? Or is that a hate too???

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Boycotting because of the scripting by the NFL. If you support this game you are okay with what happened 2 weeks ago. Really hope the game and ratings suck. We already know the halftime will be awful and hope the game is as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, I'll never miss the Super Bowl. Even if the Rams have no business being in that game. Deny it all you want, it's a fact.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":1ofs33jh said:
Seahawkfan80":1ofs33jh said:

What’s your personal opinion on CS ?

You do know he rocks right? Or is that a hate too???

I read about Tolkien about 40 years ago. Read his biography which is why I understand the books a lot better.

I have not read too much about CS. The movies are usually destroying the books. But I did enjoy the "Wardrobe" and others that have been made into movies that I have seen.

Both authors seem to take what was going on in the world at the time and manipulate it into a fantastic story. That is a great thing to be able to broaden people's horizon using fantastic journeys to fulfill realistic fantasy.

I have been a fantasy lover since Dick Jane and Sally. The wagon was fake. It was really an onion Chariot....

By the way, CS is gonna be my next conquest. That is if I dont go back into the Canterbury Tales. Been 40 plus years for that book too.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
bigskydoc":37fzsx0n said:
Supposed to be a great ski day.

Actually it isn’t, but I’ll still be skiing.

Any day on the mountain, especially Whitefish, is a good one. I'll probably doing the same at Mission Ridge this weekend.

If I do watch the game, it'll be streamed illegally.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I never miss an opportunity to eat bad food, drink too much and gamble...........so as much as I hate both teams, I'll watch at a friend's party.

IMO the SB is a national holiday, and should be celebrated as such.

James in PA

Reaction score
Dislike both teams, but of course I’ll be watching because it’s the SB and this will be the last meaningful NFL game until September.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more. It not only should be a national holiday, it's a great chance to eat and drink a stupid amount of food with friends and family. I guess it's the #2 eating holiday of the year, even more than xmas and right behind Thanksgiving. I believe it.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jcc9lrt0 said:
I never miss an opportunity to eat bad food, drink too much and gamble...........so as much as I hate both teams, I'll watch at a friend's party.

IMO the SB is a national holiday, and should be celebrated as such.

This.

I'm going to a party at my buddies house with many friends that I don't see as much as I'd like to these days. Same place, same great peeps every year. The Super Bowl will be on, but if the Seahawks aren't in it, the game isn't remotely the focal point of the party. It's really just an excuse to get together and eat, drink, and be merry on a Sunday afternoon.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I have to work in the morning, but I'll be home about 2 hours before kickoff and I'll put the game on and root for the numbers I have on a Super Bowl board. I'll have food and drinks and enjoy the day not caring who wins or loses.

94Smith

Reaction score
Do you guys think the boycott the Super Bowl idea is common across league fan bases or unique to the Seahawks fan base? I can understand how you guys hate both the Patriots and dislike the Rams. I, as a 49ers fan, do not dislike the Rams as much as I don't think the 49ers have had a meaningful game against them since the early 2000s. And the Patriots I dislike as much as the next fan, but you guys have a special fervour against them due to the Super Bowl loss.

Anyway the reason I ask is Super Bowl viewership dipped in the US last year to 103 million. There is a prop bet paying 1.80 for over or under 106.5 million. Would you take the under bet? Seems like a lot of people are upset about the call at the Superdome. Was the dip last year due to kneeling across the league or does it represent a trend? Also the dip coincided with another Patriots Super Bowl birth...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
94Smith":3b4g27e4 said:
Do you guys think the boycott the Super Bowl idea is common across league fan bases or unique to the Seahawks fan base? I can understand how you guys hate both the Patriots and dislike the Rams. I, as a 49ers fan, do not dislike the Rams as much as I don't think the 49ers have had a meaningful game against them since the early 2000s. And the Patriots I dislike as much as the next fan, but you guys have a special fervour against them due to the Super Bowl loss.

Anyway the reason I ask is Super Bowl viewership dipped in the US last year to 103 million. There is a prop bet paying 1.80 for over or under 106.5 million. Would you take the under bet? Seems like a lot of people are upset about the call at the Superdome. Was the dip last year due to kneeling across the league or does it represent a trend? Also the dip coincided with another Patriots Super Bowl birth...

To be perfectly honest, I dont consider it a boycott. I call it finding something more interesting for me to do. It is after all entertainment. I would not be entertained by that game. You can call me a bad fan, I really dont care. I care to do things that will keep my interest. Watching a movie that I have not seen in a while and seeing different things that I dont recall will do that. Watching the 500 commercials on things that I dont want to watch or purchase is just a waste of time. Picture in picture commercials....again, waste of time.

I have seen a post here and there on other sites that promote some watching and some not watching....GB and Atlanta.

I dunno.

A little story tho. I was in School in knoxville during a SB game. I was so busy that I was only able to watch about 6 minutes before I had to get back to work on projects for me and others. Some guys watched the game and I did not because of my priorities. Seattle was not playing and I cant remember who was in 2002 or 2003. Cant remember exactly what year as it has been a while. I wanted something else but that did not happen. But it was my priority to get the work done instead of the game. I dont know what my priorities are at the moment...but this game is not on it. Just a personal opinion.

Hope you all get some enjoyment out of this entertainment.

Chapow

Reaction score
94Smith":1ptoec5k said:

I have absolutely no idea. I haven't heard anything about some kind of boycott of the Super Bowl among the Seahawks fan base.

I'll be at a party with roughly 20-ish other people, all of whom are Seahawks fans. The Super Bowl will be on the TV. Now, how much attention will be paid to the game? I don't know. That probably depends on if it's a good game or not.