Alice as a Rams fan

RedAlice

Reaction score
No matter what happens on Sunday.

And yes I know most of you hate the Rams.

For me, I’ve watched this team. Loved them heart and soul same way you all love your HAWKS.

WIN OR LOSE.

Respect to the Rams players.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":z11cy4j9 said:

For me, I’ve watched this team. Loved them heart and soul same way you all love your HAWKS.

WIN OR LOSE.

Enjoy it Alice. :D

Honestly, I was around for all 5 of the 49ers Championship teams, but I'm not old enough to have seen them suck, hire Bill Walsh and build that champion. I was around to watch the Harbaugh team get built under the likes of Nolan and Singletary and then get very close to winning another Chip.

Even though I saw all 5 Lombardis won, it was more fun to watch that Harbaugh team get built from the ground up and vie for that 6th Lombardi. It's the Journey.

Enjoy it. It doesn't last forever. :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RedAlice":2eetxv2h said:

WIN OR LOSE.

I don’t hate the Rams, they are just a rival. Niners I hate.

I don’t like the fact they got in because of a botched call, but that’s the zebras fault not the Rams.

Your team is in the Super Bowl, soak it in and enjoy it.

I have futures bet on the Rams winning the Super Bowl af 9/1.
I’ll be rooting for my money and my numbers, and against the Cheatriots.

acer1240

Reaction score
You were more fun before the Rams got good Alice.

I don't hate your team. I just wish that this Superbowl was not being played under a cloud of controversy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":39pgnx8w said:
RedAlice":39pgnx8w said:

WIN OR LOSE.

I don’t hate the Rams, they are just a rival. Niners I hate.

I don’t like the fact they got in because of a botched call, but that’s the zebras fault not the Rams.

Your team is in the Super Bowl, soak it in and enjoy it.

I have futures bet on the Rams winning the Super Bowl af 9/1.
I’ll be rooting for my money and my numbers, and against the Cheatriots.
Its the bolded in above for me..

ivotuk

Reaction score
She's also got great character, which is why we welcome her here at .NET.

Having said that...DIE RAMS! Bwhahahahaha :thRocks:

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
acer1240":2aafd1dh said:

I don't hate your team. I just wish that this Superbowl was not being played under a cloud of controversy.

I’ve been personally struggling w this.

I wasn’t nicer before, I don’t feel I’ve changed. I have loved my Rams if they win 1 game, 2 games or 4 games.

What has shifted is fans on this site, and vitriol to me.

How am I handling this? Not sure. Tbh.

OP
OP
RedAlice

RedAlice

Reaction score
I know it doesn’t matter.

But I feel like I supported Hawks and I’m being made an outcast right now c

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
RedAlice":3h6724f9 said:

I mean, you can't really blame others for not rooting for, or supporting your team given the circumstances. That non-call left a bitter taste in most NFL fans mouths. I think under any other circumstance this board would be more accepting, if not out right rooting for the Rams. Any talk about that Saints game is liable to stir up some controversy on this board, and other NFL boards for that matter right now.

I would just revel in the fact that the Rams are in the Super Bowl, and enjoy the journey.

rjdriver

Reaction score
RedAlice":tfl4uf67 said:
acer1240":tfl4uf67 said:

I wasn’t nicer before, I don’t feel I’ve changed. I have loved my Rams if they win 1 game, 2 games or 4 games.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown Alice. I’m not rooting for the Rams per se, but I will take a little satisfaction in knowing you will be on cloud nine if they win. It’s hard for us to not be on top anymore, especially considering (in my opinion) that we didn’t live up to our potential with the core we had.

You were here keeping it real during your lean years, no matter how much I don’t like a team, I respect a true fan. One who loves their team with the same passion that I love my Hawks. If your babies pull it off, I’ll be indifferent , but I’ll tip my glass to you.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":vn235b2a said:

IMHO, you've been just fine. You are enjoying having a good team for a change, and are probably doing a lot less showboating about that fact here, then many here have done on other boards when we were making super bowl appearances.

You also were a class fan when the rams were losing, so personally, I say you should enjoy this while you can, because we all know it doesn't last as long as we'd like. Ignore the haters, because we all know it's just jealousy. I for sure know that I am jealous the rams made it (even if it was on a horrible call :twisted: )

IndyHawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":gkw7e8yb said:
RedAlice":gkw7e8yb said:
acer1240":gkw7e8yb said:

Heavy is the head that wears the crown Alice. I’m not rooting for the Rams per se, but I will take a little satisfaction in knowing you will be on cloud nine if they win. It’s hard for us to not be on top anymore, especially considering (in my opinion) that we didn’t live up to our potential with the core we had.

You were here keeping it real during your lean years, no matter how much I don’t like a team, I respect a true fan. One who loves their team with the same passion that I love my Hawks. If your babies pull it off, I’ll be indifferent , but I’ll tip my glass to you.
I could feel more like this also..
Alice ..that 49er statement didn't go well but I forgive ya.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Only issue I've ever had is Alice calling out and blowing off posters for joining in recent years or having low post counts. Not really the way to win a debate or take the high ground.

Other than that, seems like a pretty cool Rams* fan if you ask me. Hung out here through some rough years, always was a good sport and kept a level head on where her team stands, where the Hawks have stood, etc.

acer1240

Reaction score
It's possible that some here have been dogging you more and I just missed it Alice, but you've been hyper sensitive all season.

I won't be watching the game, but will tip a beer to you if your boys win.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Alice, if it weren't for the controversy and your team had won fair and square, I'd have been rooting hard for the Rams to beat the shit out of the hated Patriots. Now I just don't really care who wins. Just don't care about the game at all, which is a shame.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
I've never replied to your threads prior to this, but have enjoyed your perspective and enthusiasm as an appreciative fan.

I like fans that are passionate about their team just as most here are about the Seahawks.

I was prepared to cheer on either the Saints or the Rams against the Partiots, but now I can't.

I don't hate the Rams (like some do). Your team has many admirable players (except Suh - didn't like him on ANY team) and a innovative head coach.

However, I can't support this SB.

I don't want to argue with anyone or diminish the joy of their team being in the Super Bowl so I hope you will have fun with your fellow Rams fans and I will look forward your continued comments here.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
RedAlice":3a695e56 said:
I suspect this is true -- the tone and tenor of the place has changed quite a bit since 2013.

What I don't know is whether it's just a general change in internet sports commenting, or something that happens when a community grows due to winning. I know that I've seen the same pattern in some of the Sounders communities where I hang out. Stuff changed once we got our star similarly to what has happened here since the Lombardi.

But in general, it seems like internet commenting has gotten more and more brutal.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Id argue it wasnt brutal. People are on two specific sides of a divisive argument and holding their opinions.

Alice diesnt like that people in here arent supporting her team and calling into question that teams win.

The debate has been fine. Alice has taken the debate as a personal affront, which is silly. The Rams are not her and she is not the Rams.

Noone said they didnt like her, held her responsible or chastised her. Moreso, noone disagreed that she should support her team. Some have disagreed with how shes doing that on here.

Its not some breakdown in internet civility. Its a football board.

Sometimes its Like a big family dinner. Sometimes its a recess playground.

Its sure as shit not 18th century political discourse. Nor was it ever.

Alice is no less respected here than ever. Shes good people. This was just a contentious moment

knownone

Reaction score
I don't have any issue with Alice or the Rams. I do have issues with open-ended proclamations though. If the thread ended with "WIN OR LOSE. I'll respect the Rams players" instead of the proclamatory "WIN OR LOSE. Respect to the Rams players." I wouldn't mind. The former refers to Alice's opinion of the situations. The latter is telling me what to think about the situation. Grammatically, It comes off as antagonistic.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":2hv50s6z said:
acer1240":2hv50s6z said:

I've noticed some different tendencies overall in your posting habits this past year.

Don't take it the wrong way, I'm not trying to rag on you or anything, but on this forum at least you're not the same Alice from years past, lol. If you want to think that everyone on this site has changed, rather than you, well...by all means; but it reminds me of that old quip about how if you're in a roomful of people and can't spot the jerk, then it's you. ;)

(I am NOT calling you a jerk; just saying, it seems unlikely everyone on .NET changed and we all can't handle the Rams being good and can't have honest discussion about it, when the other option is that you've changed a bit on here.)

Still much love, Alice. <3 Enjoy tomorrow.