What annoys me about the Patriots in a nutshell

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
No I am not denying their excellence or how great they have been the last 2 decades. And it would be awesome to cheer for that kind of success. But there's enough to give them credit for without going over the top. One example was the narrative that Belichick manipulated Carroll into throwing that pass by not calling a time out. Sorry, but if the Hawks score a TD, Belichick looks bad for not giving Brady more time.

But this below really got under my skin. Linke to the whole article but the part in italics is regarding the Falcons Pats Super Bowl

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/2/1/ ... ck-lessons

It opened up an (extremely small) window for the Patriots to win, which they did because of their superb preparation and experience, including Belichick coaching them for a longer halftime to ensure they wouldn’t see anything in the game that they hadn’t seen in practice.

Pete Carroll did the exact same thing preparing the Hawks for the Broncos Super Bowl, breaking practice up into 2 with a break equal to what the halftime show would be. Why is Belichick getting so much credit for it.

Yes I am that small and petty.

knownone

Reaction score
To be fair, you are quoting the Ringer a website loaded with hyperbolic unsubstantiated opinion pieces.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3vto781y said:
Why is Belichick getting so much credit for it..

Probably because this is an article ABOUT the Patriots, and Belichick's been in 9 SB's, and Pete's only been in two, one of which he lost to Belichick.

chris98251

Reaction score
Find it funny in the early Belichek years it was all about Pioli, he was let go and ended up in KC and Belichek took over GM duties basically as well. You never hear Scott Pioli's name anymore.