Falcons cutting Matt Bryant

Chapow

Reaction score
Bryant is 43 years old.

I'd rather have Bryant than SeaBass at this point, but I would really rather that they go younger so that we aren't in the position of having to find a new kicker yet again next off season or the one after that.

As I posted in the Free Agent Signings For 2019 thread in the main forum, my suggestions would be to try to get Jason Meyers or Josh Lambo.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The issue was Seabass wasn't his age but the fact that he didn't play in the season before we signed him, and went 29-35 when he did. (That's pretty close to average, still.)

20-21, though, you don't rule him out right away. But he did miss three games with injury.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
If we're going to go the route of an older and presumably more expensive kicker, I'd like to see them make a run at Robbie Gould.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Drafting the new kicker would be my preference.

They have rather been screwing around with the position since Hauschka left and need to have some stability.

Must say though that a proven kicker would be something better than the last tow years even if SeaBass was somewhat reliable, despite being fat and out of shape to contribute in any other way than kicking.

djb28

Reaction score
They didnt release him because he stunk. 4 million was the reason.