AAF starts tonight.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Going to give it a shot. Will be interesting to see how well/bad it starts off. I like football.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Getting ready to watch it now. Gotta be better than theSuper Bowl was.

MrThortan

Reaction score
So far I am more entertained than I was for the Super Bowl. Nice to see the enthusiasm from the players.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Not a whole lot different than watching NFL game with Blake Bortles and Mark Sanchez quarterbacking.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1wh99g4i said:
Not a whole lot different than watching NFL game with Blake Bortles and Mark Sanchez quarterbacking.
The officiating was better than the NFL, so there is that!

mrblitz

Reaction score
the marching band at the orlando-atlanta game halftime were great.

mrblitz

Reaction score
looks like a fairly high level of play. someplace below the nfl, but above college. lots of ex-nfl guys playing in the aaf.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i like the sort of laid-back, roadside attraction vibe of this league. players get 250k each, and are playing for the love of the game.

some guys are probably trying to use he aaf to get (back) to the nfl. but overall, there's flat-out, a lot of enthusiasm for the game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Anyone see any players that jump out as possible signings? Trent Richardson is looking better than at any of his NFL opportunities. It’s not saying much considering he sucked. How close are PC/JS scouting these players? No stone left unturned.

MrThortan

Reaction score
NFL Network's coverage of this game sucks pretty bad. Can barely hear the field and crowd. Lots of audio issues.

mrblitz

Reaction score
you can watch live on youtube. they all 4 opening-weekend games. maybe it were a 'one-time' thing. i don't know.

after watching these games, it looks like the players are pretty good, except for the QBs. the qb play definitely seems like a level lower than NFL. ymmv

overall, most of the players seem like guys who were on the nfl bubble for multiple seasons. still, some of the best guys out of college, but not quite full-time nfl level.