Flacco to Denver

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1095721120593072128[/tweet]

ahahahahahahahaha

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
It's amazing how awful Denver has done with QBs.

That said, I don't think I'd move on from Flacco this year if I was Baltimore. Not sure what type of "replacement" Lamar Jackson is considering he can't pass at an NFL level...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Surprised the Broncos did just announce they're cutting Keenum at the same time to save having to make another announcement..........21M cap hit in 2019? Gone.

I like this signing for the Broncos, gives them some much needed stability at QB. But it's not going to be even close to enough to challenge either the Chargers or Chiefs in the AFC West.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1f3792il said:
Surprised the Broncos did just announce they're cutting Keenum at the same time to save having to make another announcement..........21M cap hit in 2019? Gone.

I like this signing for the Broncos, gives them some much needed stability at QB. But it's not going to be even close to enough to challenge either the Chargers or Chiefs in the AFC West.

It's going to be hilarious!

mrt144

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":17yiyj5k said:
It's amazing how awful Denver has done with QBs.

That said, I don't think I'd move on from Flacco this year if I was Baltimore. Not sure what type of "replacement" Lamar Jackson is considering he can't pass at an NFL level...

Finally, we might get a chance to see if the triple option can work in the NFL ;)

mistaowen

Reaction score
Flaccometer.jpg

NINEster

Reaction score
mistaowen":3jz7iro2 said:

Only other SB winning QB besides Montana to not throw an INT in the playoffs.

Flacco was always someone that needed help. Ravens' fans were never quite sold on him, even in 2011, 2012......but there's something to be said about a QB who has beaten the Patriots a few times and most of those games were tight.

He could be ok with a lot of support.

Of course like Eli Manning, I curse that these two POS were Johnny Unitas against the 49ers in championship games and bums now.

James in PA

Reaction score
Decent stopgap signing. They probably won’t win a SB with him, but he’ll be able to keep them somewhat competitive until they can find their guy at QB. Sort of like what KC did with Alex Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HawkGA

Reaction score
Probably a good move for the Broncos, but is the 21 million cap hit accurate? That's insane. Flacco won't be around long enough to make that kind of a cap hit worth it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1j6t3iku said:

Theyre going to try and shop him. And id imagine if they can move him, theyll draft another long term qb project this year, then cut flacco next season

Who wants keenum? Especially tough with Foles (or Wentz) on the market

HawkGA

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":33okegfk said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1095769355063910401[/tweet]

That is some serious cap space to tie up and not really have that great of a QB situation.

mrblitz

Reaction score
flacco's downfall was when he got paid after winning the superbowl. as an underdog, he was good, and at times, uncannily so.

today, with foles on the market, denver should have probably explored that avenue.

agreed though that flacco is probably a decent stopgap. point taken though about mahomes and rivers already being in the afc west.

mrt144

Reaction score
I never thought I'd see the day when Flacco was seen as a stopgap at that salary.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
According to spotrac, Flacco's cap hit is $18.5MM in 2019 which puts him at number 21 for QBs. I believe he is the second lowest paid QB who isn't currently on a rookie contract or has been a designated back-up.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is a Seattle Mariners style of move. Denver blew it, they went old and won a SB. Then Elway tried to win a second one without a QB and they got stuck in no man's land. Denver needs to bite the bullet and go full rebuild, they need to trade Von Miller and Chris Harris for draft picks with a goal of being competitive in the 2020's.

HawkGA

Reaction score
But I wouldn't want to pay both.

Looks like 7 Mill in dead money on Keenum.

getnasty

Reaction score
I thought i read that the Ravens were paying a portion of his salary, if thats not the case then the Broncos got fleeced in this deal.

sdog1981

Reaction score
getnasty":jl17vwui said:
I thought i read that the Ravens were paying a portion of his salary, if thats not the case then the Broncos got fleeced in this deal.

I think you can only do that in Baseball. I could be wrong.