Kaepernick wanted $20m for a $75k position in AAF

HawkGA

Reaction score
The whole collusion against Kaepernick story line has always been missing the role he plays in not actually signing with anybody

mrblitz

Reaction score
kaep could have easily been the top qb in the aaf...

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Haha...love this! Thought he was the man for the people or something like that??. Turns out he is just a greedy clown who uses his social injustice platform to put $ in his pocket since he cant play football. Meh I dont think he even would of cut it in that league...He will never play anywhere again.

knownone

Reaction score
HawkGA":13wyje6p said:
The whole collusion against Kaepernick story line has always been missing the role he plays in not actually signing with anybody
I don’t think you understand the cullsion case. Kaepernick believes the league is preventing him from earning what he’s worth, and when guys like Mike Glennon and Case Keenum are getting offers of 15+ million per year it’s hard to argue he’s wrong.

The idea that Kaepernick is somehow at fault for not playing in a league that’s average pay is 10,000% less than he’s worth is a pretty silly argument.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
knownone":3cmv3exs said:
HawkGA":3cmv3exs said:
I don’t think you understand the cullsion case. Kaepernick believes the league is preventing him from earning what he’s worth, and when guys like Mike Glennon and Case Keenum are getting offers of 15+ million per year it’s hard to argue he’s wrong.

The idea that Kaepernick is somehow at fault for not playing in a league that’s average pay is 10,000% less than he’s worth is a pretty silly argument.

aaaaaaand /thread

Cyrus12

Reaction score
knownone":50yf7v7f said:
HawkGA":50yf7v7f said:

Which team would want that headache without the talent to back it up? Glennon and Keenum dont wear pig socks to games or call out things that Krapper really has no experience with. Fact of the matter is Krapper was never a good qb. He was a one read guy who once the read option basically became obsolete couldn't do anything. I dont think he is back up quality especially for the greedy price hes wanted. I honestly do not believe he wants to play but he does wanna get paid.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
1) Even if Kaepernick supposedly has never experienced racism (laughable) or police brutality, why can he not take a stance, especially the correct stance, on the issues?

2) Kaepernick was a league average starting QB in his last year on a team completely devoid of any talent or confidence. But he's not even good enough to be a back up?

Do you people even read the crap you post? And he's not "for the people" because he believes he's worth a $20MM a year salary to play football? Holy cow.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1107hezv said:
1) Even if Kaepernick supposedly has never experienced racism (laughable) or police brutality, why can he not take a stance, especially the correct stance, on the issues?

2) Kaepernick was a league average starting QB in his last year on a team completely devoid of any talent or confidence. But he's not even good enough to be a back up?

Do you people even read the crap you post? And he's not "for the people" because he believes he's worth a $20MM a year salary to play football? Holy cow.

Kaepernick became a bigger headache than value to any NFL team when he started protesting. Is he better than most backups? Yeah, probably, but most backups don't stir the pot. Is he better than most starters? God, no. In other words, he's not really good enough for anyone to look past his shit stirring. If you protest at a 9-5 job, you get fired. But it happens to a millionaire athlete and it's suddenly evil? Get over yourself.

Osprey

Reaction score
knownone":1xryjs0m said:
HawkGA":1xryjs0m said:

Consensus is not collusion. This is the NFL, if his talent outweighed the baggage he'd have a job.

He's had face time with franchises and either priced himself out (Seattle) or added to the baggage (Baltimore). Complete speculation, but I'd assume he's done the calculus of his passions vs income and decide that Social Justice pays enough (Nike).

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Ahhhh yes. I need to “get over myself” for calling out ridiculous posts. Where did I say what was happening was evil? Or if I’m even on Kaep’s side? Well I guess I think racism and police brutality is wrong, so I’m on his side there. The collusion case is an uphill battle for him. Do I think he’s right or that he’s worth $20MM a year? Probably not. And you’re correct, he’s rendered himself a headache because of his protests. He clearly hasn’t taken a job as a back up or for less pay than he feels he’s worth based on his own convictions. I don’t think he’s wrong to do that - he believes he’s correct and therefore won’t play for beans. They can’t come to an agreement. Not sure how that makes him any less of someone who is “for the people” by sticking to his beliefs.

I used to hate Kaep as much as the next guy, but to villinize him for wanting to be paid what he believes he’s worth is beyond ridiculous, whether it’s in the NFL or the AAF. And let’s not act like the vast majority of people hate him for anything other than political reasons.

mrt144

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/markgeragos/status/1096484109608722432[/tweet]

Kaep seems to be navigating the back trails better than some navigate the groomed runs.

All I'll say in addition is people are gonna take Kaep down a peg no matter what he does as this point. Drag him for protesting, drag him for not using an opportunity to protest more, drag him for simply being Kaep.

mrt144

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1i250otw said:
I used to hate Kaep as much as the next guy, but to villinize him for wanting to be paid what he believes he’s worth is beyond ridiculous, whether it’s in the NFL or the AAF. And let’s not act like the vast majority of people hate him for anything other than political reasons.

Landlords keep rents above where they would clear the market immediately: "That's just smart business. Maximizing the revenue yield by holding out for a higher rent is possible here."

Kaep keeps his salary demands above where they would clear the market immediately: "What a tool! Blah blah blah blah"

Sycophants for management and the already empowered round these parts.

HawkGA

Reaction score
knownone":2c6wgn70 said:
HawkGA":2c6wgn70 said:

I think you're missing my point. Not signing a player is dependent on the player being willing to sign. We don't have a lot of evidence so far, but him wanting $20 million from a league that obviously couldn't afford $20 million is an indication that he had no problem making unrealistic demands. Did he want $20 million from the NFL or did he think the NFL could pay him more and wanted even more money?

If I was an NFL team, I wouldn't pay him $20 million (in fairness, I wouldn't have paid those other QBs that much either though).

HawkGA

Reaction score
mrt144":3bkgy11w said:
Kaep keeps his salary demands above where they would clear the market immediately: "What a tool! Blah blah blah blah"

Wanting more than what people will pay you is perfectly fine. Wanting more than what people will pay you, and then complaining that people won't pay you is a different thing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1q5rg8qt said:
Ahhhh yes. I need to “get over myself” for calling out ridiculous posts. Where did I say what was happening was evil? Or if I’m even on Kaep’s side? Well I guess I think racism and police brutality is wrong, so I’m on his side there. The collusion case is an uphill battle for him. Do I think he’s right or that he’s worth $20MM a year? Probably not. And you’re correct, he’s rendered himself a headache because of his protests. He clearly hasn’t taken a job as a back up or for less pay than he feels he’s worth based on his own convictions. I don’t think he’s wrong to do that - he believes he’s correct and therefore won’t play for beans. They can’t come to an agreement. Not sure how that makes him any less of someone who is “for the people” by sticking to his beliefs.

But if he thinks he's worth $20m, which is a joke, then he priced himself out of the game, not because of some dumb collusion conspiracy.

knownone

Reaction score
HawkGA":24p1l1v8 said:
knownone":24p1l1v8 said:
HawkGA":24p1l1v8 said:

I think you're missing my point. Not signing a player is dependent on the player being willing to sign. We don't have a lot of evidence so far, but him wanting $20 million from a league that obviously couldn't afford $20 million is an indication that he had no problem making unrealistic demands. Did he want $20 million from the NFL or did he think the NFL could pay him more and wanted even more money?

If I was an NFL team, I wouldn't pay him $20 million (in fairness, I wouldn't have paid those other QBs that much either though).
This is a rumor though, we don't actually know if Kaep asked the AAF for 20 million. So a lot people are using this as a conduit to express their views of Kaepernick as a person (not you, as evidenced by the fact that the 2 of us seem to be the few people not talking politics).

I agree with you, I wouldn't pay him 20 million either. I do understand where he is coming from though. The only confirmed offer we know about was 3 million/year from the Broncos last season. Meanwhile, Sam Bradford signed a 20 million dollar deal the same year. Kaepernick is worth at least 8-15 million per season and the only reason he's not getting that is because of his political stance/distraction.

Which is fine with me; if teams don't want the distraction/cost it is what it is. I don't think people should misrepresent or belittle Kaepernick's stance just because he's willing to take a stand for what he feels he's worth. Most people would do the same thing in his shoes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkGA":2qqpw41o said:

Maybe, but don't you think it's suspicious when these stories get floated out there..............who's the "source?" Where did this come from?

To me it reeks of political spin where the NFL is still trying to make Kaepernick look like a bad dude to save face by making him sound entitled and difficult.