Alex Collins arrested and cut

chris98251

Reaction score
Arrested for a wreck, something with substance has to be involved whether in him or the vehicle, you don't get arrested for a wreck unless it's a homicide and hit and run or there is substance involved.

That and he was leaving the facility it appears or shortly after.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Agreed, most likely driving under the influence or illegal possession.

getnasty

Reaction score
How many times did we hear "man i wish we still had Alex Collins" the guys a bum, he was a bum here and if he was still on the roster i'd have him at 5th on the depth chart behind Prosise.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":22tclj6p said:
How many times did we hear "man i wish we still had Alex Collins" the guys a bum, he was a bum here and if he was still on the roster i'd have him at 5th on the depth chart behind Prosise.

Featured Post DREDD 300x225

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Weed & Guns.

Never ceases to amaze me.

These guys have the world by the Balls, most of us would give up a ball to be in there situation but they just can’t keep their noses clean.

We see it time and again, what a waste.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav ... story.html

And the stupidity becomes obvious when you read that he was driving a Corvette on SNOWY roads.
That kid had enough money to be driving an appropriate winter vehicle.
It’s freaking 100% stupidity to be driving that car on those roads, and having guns and 5ozs in the car.
Total lack of priorities.
Stupid I tell ya, stupid.

Jville

Reaction score
I guess Canada is an unlikely option for him.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1y072ywk said:
Weed & Guns.

Never ceases to amaze me.

These guys have the world by the Balls, most of us would give up a ball to be in there situation but they just can’t keep their noses clean.

We see it time and again, what a waste.
https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav ... story.html

And the stupidity becomes obvious when you read that he was driving a Corvette on SNOWY roads.
That kid had enough money to be driving an appropriate winter vehicle.
It’s freaking 100% stupidity to be driving that car on those roads, and having guns and 5ozs in the car.
Total lack of priorities.
Stupid I tell ya, stupid.

In Maryland you can have the handgun without a conceal carry permit, but it has to be secured in a far away spot in a car in a container (like in a case in your trunk) for transport. His lawyer said it was unloaded, which could be a factor in potential specific charges/sentences, but even unloaded and in reach you're in a load of trouble there. That plus the weed is a serious issue.

They apparently searched his house (not sure why) and found more weed and mention finding two rifles. It's possible he's not in lawful possession because he either didn't register them (have to register all firearms within 90 days of becoming a resident) or he has prohibited rifles.

The legal system will do it's thing, but just eyeballing it appears he was high driving on crappy roads and crashed into a tree while unlawfully transporting a firearm. That's a couple of bonehead maneuvers at once.

chris98251

Reaction score
The Pot is what will be his problem, the firearms he may lose them but the charges will get dismissed. Because they found what 5 grams which the article I read said is an amount that Maryland says is for distribution I would assume that opened up the door for a warrant to search his premises.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":1zzdptn6 said:
The Pot is what will be his problem, the firearms he may lose them but the charges will get dismissed. Because they found what 5 grams which the article I read said is an amount that Maryland says is for distribution I would assume that opened up the door for a warrant to search his premises.

Less than 10 grams in his house.

5 oz in the car.
Intent to distribute is one of his charges, I’d guess due to the amount.
I’m not sure about the laws in Maryland but he may be facing a felony or two depending on how they relate the gun/guns.

Not sure what article you read that stated less than 5 grams but I read more than 1 that said “OZs”

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":2qawd3fe said:
chris98251":2qawd3fe said:

5 oz in the car.
I’m not sure about the laws in Maryland but he may be facing a felony or two depending on how they relate the gun/guns.

Not sure what article you read that stated less than 5 grams but I read more than 1 that said “OZs”

Plausable denaiability on the guns, I didn't knkw the laws here, back home we just grab um and shoot shit, get the drift.

Pot on the other hand is a banned substance by the league as well as illegal in many places over a small personal consumption amount.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
chris98251":191p7hwq said:
pmedic920":191p7hwq said:
chris98251":191p7hwq said:

5 oz in the car.

Plausable denaiability on the guns

Pretty tough sell in Maryland. If he qualifies enough as a "rich guy" with the right lawyer, he might be okay. If he was driving around in Baltimore County in his vehicle with a handgun within reach and not in a container he's in deep. And the police searching his home (I'm still curious about how this happened) and mentioning two rifles really doesn't bode well for him. With what is being reported, at a minimum he'd be looking at a misdemeanor that carries up to a 3 year jail sentence.

I don't know much about weed, but I do know that 5 oz is a a lot. It's like a Costco amount. But if you get charged with possession and not sale/trafficking, the law looks at it the same as a misdemeanor with up to one year in jail between 10 grams and 50 pounds. That one is going to be easier to lawyer away in MD.