Bennett is going to the evil empire...

James in PA

Reaction score
...or so The NFL Network would have us believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elemas

Reaction score
Bennett had a decent year w/ Philly last year.

A safe assumption is that he's likely nearing the end or, at the very least, going to decline in the near future.

The Patriots manage to land great talent...often, at a low "cost". It doesn't always pan out (Josh Gordon) but, I suppose a winning franchise is very attractive to most players.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
He was a top 5-10 defensive lineman last year in regards to hurries and hits on the QB, he's still got a decent amount left in the tank IMO.

The rich get richer.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Bennett has always been a good 3rd pass rusher when he was playing over 85% of the snaps he started to wear down. But as a burst player on 3rd down, he is still very effective.

mrblitz

Reaction score
he's a great player. it would be dramatic if new england versus seattle were the super bowl, and bennett were playing for the patriots.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The Michael Bennett trade: Why the Patriots just fleeced the NFL (again)
By Doug Farrar | March 9, 2019 2:36 pm ET

"In the lead-up to Super Bowl XLIX between the Patriots and Seahawks, I asked then-New England offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo about the problems presented to his offense by then-Seattle defensive end Michael Bennett.

DeGuglielmo paused, sighed, and said plainly, “We don’t know how to block him.” As a Seattle-based writer, I had every idea just how good Bennett was, but even I was a bit gobsmacked when DeGuglielmo then compared Bennett to… Reggie White."

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019 ... again/amp/

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don’t recall him running his mouth more than his feet while in Philadelphia but maybe the press didn’t jump on it the way they did in Seattle. One thing is certain though if he goes to the Pats he’ll have to keep quiet cause Belichik don’t play that.

Largent80

Reaction score
I remember the guy lining up offsides for not one, but TWO plays in a row !!!!

He can play but, dang.

Latest posts