Landon Collins signs with Redskins - 6 years $84 million

mistaowen

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105184543051579393[/tweet]

That's a lot of money. I'm sure this makes Earl happy.

jmahon316

Reaction score
mistaowen":7i6v2y5x said:

Yeah, Earl isn't going to top this.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jmahon316":3n3fkjz9 said:
mistaowen":3n3fkjz9 said:

Yeah, Earl isn't going to top this.

I don't see Earl getting anywhere near a 6 year deal, but he'll likely get a short term deal worth a similar amount of annual salary. The only caveat on Earl is really his injury history, which can easily be worked into a contract. All they'd have to do is write the deal so the majority of his weekly checks are roster bonuses payable for being on the active roster each week. May be the only way he gets more than a one year deal with any team at this point. But either way, he'll be getting a boatload of cash whether it's for one, two or more years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2_0_6":1wnahx95 said:
Dallas is now going to overpay Earl. Book it.

I don't think Dallas will, but someone will.

Dallas has some fo serious cap issues going on now, so they don't have the crazy cap space that some of these teams spending crazy money right now have.

If I had to guess Earl's now going to get a two year deal at around 15M per year.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Dallas sees what the Skins' are doing and knows as of now they are the biggest threat to them. Jerruh is a reactionary fella, and I think he goes all in for Earl

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
2_0_6":8b4gjnxs said:
Chiefs are tight up against the cap.

My guesses:

Cowboys
Colts
Texans

Why not the Niners? They've got 66M in cap space, and a big need at safety. I doubt they're excited about DJ Reed at FS for the foreseeable future, and would love to reunite Earl and Sherman.

knownone

Reaction score
2_0_6":38ye4y59 said:
Dallas sees what the Skins' are doing and knows as of now they are the biggest threat to them. Jerruh is a reactionary fella, and I think he goes all in for Earl
I can’t tell if you’re being serious, or if you actually think the Redskins are a bigger threat to Dallas than Philly.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2depm8n4 said:
2_0_6":2depm8n4 said:

My guesses:

Cowboys
Colts
Texans

Why not the Niners? They've got 66M in cap space, and a big need at safety. I doubt they're excited about DJ Reed at FS for the foreseeable future, and would love to reunite Earl and Sherman.

I think Jerry loves the attention Earl has given his team, question will be if he wants to sign him at ~$10 mil a year. Earl has made it clear money is the driving factor at this point and prior to re injuring his leg, was still a top FS in the league. Whoever bites will be assuming he is fully healed and is likely a contender. Don't see a team like the Bucs throwing that money at him and Landon has set the safety market. Definitely won't get 6 years but the amount per year is probably not far off.

Colts make sense, young up and coming D with money.
49ers potentially do, would hate seeing half the LOB in that jersey.
Browns would be intriguing, I think they'll be a team to watch next year. Safety like Earl would make that D pretty solid.

2_0_6

Reaction score
knownone":2jsgx2su said:
2_0_6":2jsgx2su said:
I can’t tell if you’re being serious, or if you actually think the Redskins are a bigger threat to Dallas than Philly.

I'm not buying Philly. Wentz's injury history is concerning, RB and WR situation are both less than ideal, and their secondary was a MASH unit at the tail end of last season.

With all the draft picks, the signing of Collins and potential signing of CJ Mosely to go along with all their draft picks, yes absolutely I think the Skins are a bigger threat.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mistaowen":33l4vzvp said:
Sgt. Largent":33l4vzvp said:
2_0_6":33l4vzvp said:

My guesses:

Cowboys
Colts
Texans

I think Jerry loves the attention Earl has given his team, question will be if he wants to sign him at ~$10 mil a year. Earl has made it clear money is the driving factor at this point and prior to re injuring his leg, was still a top FS in the league. Whoever bites will be assuming he is fully healed and is likely a contender. Don't see a team like the Bucs throwing that money at him and Landon has set the safety market. Definitely won't get 6 years but the amount per year is probably not far off.

Colts make sense, young up and coming D with money.
49ers potentially do, would hate seeing half the LOB in that jersey.
Browns would be intriguing, I think they'll be a team to watch next year. Safety like Earl would make that D pretty solid.

I actually think Earl would play in Dallas for less, but not a lot less. He wants to play there that bad.

But I'm talking 13 or 14M per year vs 15M.........and not 10M per year if what you're saying is true.

I also obviously don't want Earl going to the Niners, but it makes too much sense.............he gets paid and like Sherman would sign and enjoy playing there out of pure spite.