ESPN -Lions prepared to sign Justin Coleman

naholmes

Reaction score
Highest paid slot corner in the league. It stings but should result in at least 5th round comp pick right?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
That's a lot if he's indeed playing nickel, but good for him.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Great for him. Thankful for his time here, but we're not paying that and rightfully so. Just like Belicheck and O-linemen, we are usually decent with corners

knownone

Reaction score
I don’t understand this contract. Coleman is a good player at a position that is fairly deep most years.

HawkerD

Reaction score
knownone":26ocuuh4 said:
I don’t understand this contract. Coleman is a good player at a position that is fairly deep most years.
If its the Lion's doing the deal, common sense and understanding is usually lacking

poly1274

Reaction score
naholmes":2z4wsmlp said:
Highest paid slot corner in the league. It stings but should result in at least 5th round comp pick right?
Seattle has so much holes and needs to sign many players so no comp pick

Uncle Si

Reaction score
poly1274":a8hjvrbb said:
naholmes":a8hjvrbb said:
Seattle has so much holes and needs to sign many players so no comp pick

Currently Seattle would get a comp pick.

Fade

Reaction score
Coleman has been a top 5 nickel the last 2 seasons, and has been Seattle's most consistent DB over that period. He is worth it.

Pete can develop DBs in his sleep so I am not too worried. Just a shame they didn't extend him last off-season.

Free Agency is where teams overpay. So you want to extend your guys when they have 1 year left, or this happens.

1 yr remaining: Wilson, Wagner, Reed. The Seahawks have to get these guys extended, or Seattle will regret it down the road.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We got a lot out of Coleman for a mere 7th rounder, and it'll help us in the comp formula next year. Good stuff. And with the DB's working out at the Combine the way they did and Akeem being signed, his departure will hurt less.

Jville

Reaction score
Well, this opens up yet another slot in the Pete Carroll DB School

Congratulations Justin Coleman on your graduation. Another testament that good things happen to good motivated students under the direction of Pete Carroll.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not really that bad, he played a lot of plays and was almost like a starter out there as well as ranked in the top 5 every year he was here if I remember correctly, a shut down guy taking away the middle of the fieid from dink and dunks a lot is worth a few bucks. Plus he can change up to the edge if asked.

Seafan

Reaction score
Coleman got overpaid and that will help the Hawks with comps.

He's not a Seahawk tackler, his most glaring weakness. There are two DBs on the team who can replace him.

The Hawks can fill out the roster with street, late and low level free agent acquisitions. I just want them to get Clark to sign a deal before camp.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seafan":2d9c7tuv said:
Coleman got overpaid and that will help the Hawks with comps.

He's not a Seahawk tackler, his most glaring weakness. There are two DBs on the team who can replace him.

The Hawks can fill out the roster with street, late and low level free agent acquisitions. I just want them to get Clark to sign a deal before camp.

Great opinion, now name the two replacements to fill in for the number one slot guy in the league I think last year, otherwise it is speculation and an open ended argument with no basis.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Glad the Hawks didn't go that far. Good player for sure, but there are existing options and that's quite a price tag.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1105244115212460032[/tweet]