Tyrel Williams

cheese22

Reaction score
It's kind of frustrating to watch sports news and see all the signings and rumors and not hear Seattle mentioned at all.
So, if you could hear any breaking news about Seattle and player X talking contract, who would be your player X that would get you excited?
For me, I would love for it to be Tyrel Williams. He would be the kind of wr that many of us have been begging for. He's young, huge, fast and would be the complimentary style athlete we seem to need. He's also born and raised in Oregon so he may want to be closer to home. And, i worked with his Dad for 15 years so I'm really rooting for him to succeed. I'd love to see it be here.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
cheese22":abd31rt8 said:
It's kind of frustrating to watch sports news and see all the signings and rumors and not hear Seattle mentioned at all.

It should not longer be frustrating considering that has been the MO of this current regime since nearly their beginning. They just don't go out and spend stupid money on a player in the first wave of free agency.

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3r0ksf98 said:
cheese22":3r0ksf98 said:

It should not longer be frustrating considering that has been the MO of this current regime since nearly their beginning. They just don't go out and spend stupid money on a player in the first wave of free agency.

You're right, I should have said I'm not surprised. My post wasn't meant to be about them not signing anybody. I'm trying to get a conversation about what 1 name would spark a little excitement in fans.

Care to throw a name out, IBBG?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For the right price, Suh would be a solid addition. I can't stand him, but it's sports..........if he signs with the Hawks, he's my boy :lol:

Same thing happened with Ricky Watters. Couldn't stand him til he came here. Loved him as a Hawk.

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2npqlf28 said:
For the right price, Suh would be a solid addition. I can't stand him, but it's sports..........if he signs with the Hawks, he's my boy :lol:

Same thing happened with Ricky Watters. Couldn't stand him til he came here. Loved him as a Hawk.

Suh next to Reed would be nice. Plus, it couldn't hurt the other young DL play with him too.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
cheese22":tw82jjo7 said:
So, if you could hear any breaking news about Seattle and player X talking contract, who would be your player X that would get you excited?
For me, I would love for it to be Tyrel Williams. He would be the kind of wr that many of us have been begging for. He's young, huge, fast and would be the complimentary style athlete we seem to need. He's also born and raised in Oregon so he may want to be closer to home. And, i worked with his Dad for 15 years so I'm really rooting for him to succeed. I'd love to see it be here.

Seems the Hawks are indeed interested

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I like Tyrell Williams, but he's viewed by many to be the top FA WR (pre FA). He's not worth what he will get. He'll get paid like a mid-low tier WR1 when in reality, he's more of a mid-low tier WR2. I can easily see his potential signing being similar to when Maxwell signed with the Eagles. Production not matching contract, and ending up on another team very early into said contract.

Again, I like Williams. He played at Western Oregon in Ashland, and I grew up in Southern Oregon. He's undrafted and worked his way up the depth chart. He's got a good skill set. If he does indeed get a big contract, I really hope he steps up his game and earns it. I just hope it's not Seattle who overpays. This draft class is loaded with guys of his build, and a lot of them have major potential. I think the draft is the better route for the big bodied receiver for Seattle this year (I have been hoping for one forever, too).

OP
OP
cheese22

cheese22

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":2uyqv7sq said:
I like Tyrell Williams, but he's viewed by many to be the top FA WR (pre FA). He's not worth what he will get. He'll get paid like a mid-low tier WR1 when in reality, he's more of a mid-low tier WR2. I can easily see his potential signing being similar to when Maxwell signed with the Eagles. Production not matching contract, and ending up on another team very early into said contract.

Hopefully he lives up to whatever contract he signs. The good thing is, the longer he goes unsigned, the lower his contract will be. Which is good for those of us that would like to see him catching passes from RW.

I like Williams. He played at Western Oregon in Ashland, and I grew up in Southern Oregon.

You meant Monmouth?