pmedic920

Reaction score
4 year deal.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas ... ore-ravens

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... re-ravens/

5349d75ff4ebb98166d5be0987f2cd78.jpg

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
If he had gone to Dallas or SF that would have sucked. Best case for Seahawks was an AFC team at a high APY so I guess this is OK .... but still.... what a great great Seahawk and it sucks he couldn't finish his career here.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Good luck to him, will be fun when he comes to Seattle to play this year.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I am wrong. That is not the highest paid safety right? In fact it seems like a deal I would pay to have him here.

Chapow

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2kldbqtj said:
If he had gone to Dallas or SF that would have sucked. Best case for Seahawks was an AFC team at a high APY so I guess this is OK .... but still.... what a great great Seahawk and it sucks he couldn't finish his career here.

Agreed.

Football players as great as Earl don't come around very often. I'll be bummed to see him in another uniform, but I wish him nothing but the best and have nothing but gratitude for his time here in Seattle.

Seymour

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2fl7f36e said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong. That is not the highest paid safety right? In fact it seems like a deal I would pay to have him here.

The good news for us is you don't get to pay players that flip off "their team" and play traitor to other teams coaches in self seeking missions to land more Bentley's.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Seymour":2fvrjt7d said:
Natethegreat":2fvrjt7d said:

The good news for us is you don't get to pay players that flip off "their team" and play traitor to other teams coaches in self seeking missions to land more Bentley's.
Yeah, I totally agree. After that you can't resign him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
WHO WAS AT THE DOOR??

Was it the Ravens GM escaping from the asylum?

Seymour

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1qenqzzk said:
Seymour":1qenqzzk said:
Natethegreat":1qenqzzk said:

Yeah, I totally agree. After that you can't resign him.

Beyond that, looks at how his leg broke then think back what we just went through with Kam and Cliff. Between Kam's contract, and Earl's ego and injury, he really had little chance to sign here for something he'd be happy with.

12thbrah

Reaction score
End of an era. Sad to see him go but he got what he wanted. At least we got to watch peak ET3. LOB forever.

Seymour

Reaction score
12thbrah":30gj3ue8 said:
End of an era. Sad to see him go but he got what he wanted. At least we got to watch peak ET3. LOB forever.

Agree.
And personally I wish he could have left with some class myself. Oh well.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
He's right under 14 million a year, I don't think we could afford that. Great player when he's on the field but he's broken his leg 2 out of the last 3 years.

The Ravens let go one of the best LB's in the game to sign Earl so that's fine if people wanted to keep him but would you have given up Wagner?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1sg2fx8x said:

By yearly average Mathieu and Collins are ahead of him by a quarter million. He has the highest total and percentage guaranteed at signing, which given his injury history and age is really good for him.

knownone

Reaction score
Looks like he’ll net us a 3rd round compensatory pick.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Loved the guy.
Top 4-5 of my all times.

Could have left a legacy that put him the same conversation as Jones, Tez, and Easley.

His style of departure will not allow that IMHO.

REALLY SUCKS.

it was me at the door
:{)