49ers signing Jason Verrett

OP
OP
5_Golden_Rings

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Sources say he is out for the season after injuring his shoulder while signing the contract. In other news, Jimmie Ward suffered a concussion when he heard the news about Jason Verrett’s injury. :smilingalien:

sdog1981

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":28v2b3tg said:
Sources say he is out for the season after injuring his shoulder while signing the contract. In other news, Jimmie Ward suffered a concussion when he heard the news about Jason Verrett’s injury. :smilingalien:

Hey, dude save some of these jokes for the rest of us.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Just signed WR Jordan Matthews as well.

Seems they are trying to sign somebody at just about every "need" position to give themselves flexibility in the draft.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well are you watching that Cap room drop like a rock, I know they have a lot of space but names and more names have to be adding up, I hope you have a QB to use all these new toys.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":osw9xxia said:
Well are you watching that Cap room drop like a rock, I know they have a lot of space but names and more names have to be adding up, I hope you have a QB to use all these new toys.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/san-francisco-49ers/

$57,271,451

That takes into account the Kwon Alexander contract, but no details yet on Ford, Coleman, Matthews, Ward, Varrett or Mayo.

I know Ford averages roughly 17, Coleman is supposed to be like 3.6, Ward 4.5, Mayo is ST so likely not alot, and haven't seen details on Varrett or Matthews.

So thats what, $33,000,000 roughly before those last few?

I have a feeling Marsh will get the ax too and clear up 5 and they could always release Armstead for another 9ish.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I think your FO is in a lot better shape than years past so theres gonna be steady improvements I think for the nfc west

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawxfreak":1w7255q2 said:
I think your FO is in a lot better shape than years past so theres gonna be steady improvements I think for the nfc west

There are alot of Niner fans calling for Lynch's head. I am not one of them.

The track record, on draft picks in particular, clearly hasn't been perfect. There is a learning curve though and I don't think he gets credit for the good moves he's made or simply dismiss them as the "obvious" thing to do.

Some say that Belichick chose the 49ers for Garoppolo, and they could even be right...but a better question is would Belichick have chosen SF if not for Shanahan and Lynch? Would Garoppolo have wanted to be in SF as has been reported?

Anyway, to me its WAY, WAY, WAY too early to be calling for his head. The wins haven't been there but if you can't see the difference in the teams play, you just don't wanna see it (and that's for Niner fans, no Seahawks fans).