Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games

rlkats

Reaction score
Wow. Only 8 games. That’s how the NFL commish sets the tone for abuse huh. Hmmm

Osprey

Reaction score
rlkats":3rqgw9lu said:
Hyperbole much? He punched and kicked (lamely) a person with whom he had no relationship.

This is clearly a case of punishment equating to how negative the press coverage was. Frankly I'm surprised the Players Association isn't forcing an appeal. I understand why Hunt won't since it works against the contrition angle, but it sets a bad precedent for the Union.

rlkats

Reaction score
Osprey":2gsatdpq said:
rlkats":2gsatdpq said:
Hyperbole much? He punched and kicked (lamely) a person with whom he had no relationship.

This is clearly a case of punishment equating to how negative the press coverage was. Frankly I'm surprised the Players Association isn't forcing an appeal. I understand why Hunt won't since it works against the contrition angle, but it sets a bad precedent for the Union.

Hyperbole? He punched and kicked a woman. You might think that’s ok, but I was raised not to lay hands on a woman. He had other methods to take care of the issue.

Osprey

Reaction score
rlkats":jim40tdn said:
Hyperbole? He punched and kicked a woman. You might think that’s ok, but I was raised not to lay hands on a woman. He had other methods to take care of the issue.
Yes, hyperbole. It was not abuse, it was assault. Does the NFL Code of Conduct have escalators for the gender of the victim?

sdog1981

Reaction score
rlkats":1ikhk69i said:

The president has been set with other cases.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
He already had to sit out almost a whole year. I personally feel strongly that it is not up to a business to punish employees(for something unrelated to their work). That is the job of civil government.
You enter an arena that there is no fair trial of peers but just a massive lynch mob calling for someones head. Trial by twitter outrage mob is a very bad idea.
Not saying he shouldn't be punished for what he did but as I said we have civil government for that and using businesses as another means to punish is wrong imo.

Osprey

Reaction score
sdog1981":5v6pajnq said:
rlkats":5v6pajnq said:

The president has been set with other cases.
Has it really? What other player has been suspended 8 games for assault that wasn’t connected to domestic violence?

Chapow

Reaction score
I don't think it matters much to the NFL that it's not technically domestic violence. I think the NFL is basically saying, if you are an NFL football player and get caught on video assaulting a woman, regardless if it's technically domestic violence or not, you're going to get a pretty hefty suspension. I'm not saying whether I think that's right or wrong, I just think that's what's happening.

And yes, I do consider half a season a pretty hefty suspension considering how long the average NFL career lasts.

Osprey

Reaction score
Chapow":ney2bsoh said:
I don't think it matters much to the NFL that it's not technically domestic violence. I think the NFL is basically saying, if you are an NFL football player and get caught on video assaulting a woman, regardless if it's technically domestic violence or not, you're going to get a pretty hefty suspension. I'm not saying whether I think that's right or wrong, I just think that's what's happening.
Agreed, that's exactly what's happening here, the NFL is arbitrarily escalating a CBA defined penalty. Not personally a big fan of Unions, but isn't one of their core functions to protect members from this type of thing?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Osprey":ifytd7hy said:
Chapow":ifytd7hy said:
Agreed, that's exactly what's happening here, the NFL is arbitrarily escalating a CBA defined penalty. Not personally a big fan of Unions, but isn't one of their core functions to protect members from this type of thing?

It has become a political issue the NFLPA will not touch.

rlkats

Reaction score
Osprey":3ie1as0u said:
rlkats":3ie1as0u said:
Yes, hyperbole. It was not abuse, it was assault. Does the NFL Code of Conduct have escalators for the gender of the victim?

Well damn that makes it all better. It wasn’t abuse it’s assault, thank god you cleared that all up. That makes it all better.

Player A: Assaults a woman gets an 8 game suspension

Player B: (can’t believe I am defending him) kneels for the anthem and can’t get on any team.

This whole issue really is a picture of perfection with the NFL top brass. (Sarcasm)

Osprey

Reaction score
rlkats":3sxdr3h1 said:
Well damn that makes it all better. It wasn’t abuse it’s assault, thank god you cleared that all up. That makes it all better.
If you're incapable of drawing the distinction between abuse/domestic violence and assault, there's a Fender thread for you in the Smack Shack.

rlkats

Reaction score
Osprey":3ntdtlw3 said:
rlkats":3ntdtlw3 said:
If you're incapable of drawing the distinction between abuse/domestic violence and assault, there's a Fender thread for you in the Smack Shack.

Capable? Yes I am. I think your incapable of understanding I hold any assaults against WOMEN in a very high level of importance. It should not happen and never should be a lower punishment just because of bs wording. If your incapable of understanding that, there is a Fender thread in the Smack Shack for you.

rcaido

Reaction score
Didnt the woman assault Hunt first?