Colts sign Justin Houston

sdog1981

Reaction score
Chawker":36oiaeta said:
Its about time they start spending some money.

I think the Colts kind of blew it this offseason. They had the cap room to add one of the three best playmakers available in free agency. Players on the Brown/Beckham/Bell talent level all available in the same offseason and they have over 100 million in cap space, it feels like they went too conservative. They have two of their three all-pros on rookie deals, they locked up Luck like three years ago. They should have gone all in on Brown or Beckham. Beckham would have been the best move younger and signed a deal last season so the Colts cap hit would be next to nothing.

12 Million for Justin Huston put him out of the Seahawks price range. So I can understand that, but dang man it would have been nice to have him for two more seasons. He is a legitimate pass rush threat like Avril.

ivotuk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3vpca2vv said:
Chawker":3vpca2vv said:

I think the Colts kind of blew it this offseason. They had the cap room to add one of the three best playmakers available in free agency. Players on the Brown/Beckham/Bell talent level all available in the same offseason and they have over 100 million in cap space, it feels like they went too conservative. They have two of their three all-pros on rookie deals, they locked up Luck like three years ago. They should have gone all in on Brown or Beckham. Beckham would have been the best move younger and signed a deal last season so the Colts cap hit would be next to nothing.

12 Million for Justin Huston put him out of the Seahawks price range. So I can understand that, but dang man it would have been nice to have him for two more seasons. He is a legitimate pass rush threat like Avril.

Agree on all points. Colts need WR help badly and they are going to screw the pooch on this upcoming season by not helping Luck.

I wanted Justin, but he got paid. Colts made a smart move there.

sdog1981

Reaction score
ivotuk":1uegkhhu said:
sdog1981":1uegkhhu said:
Chawker":1uegkhhu said:

Agree on all points. Colts need WR help badly and they are going to screw the pooch on this upcoming season by not helping Luck.

I wanted Justin, but he got paid. Colts made a smart move there.

I will say for the Colts, at least they did not go crazy with the spending. They did, unfortunately, go too conservative on the spending.

Maybe the Seahawks can get Ziggy Ansah for under 7 million on a one year deal.