Alliance Football

ivotuk

Reaction score
Actually pretty good stuff. I'm liking Spruce as a WR.

Damn! Great catch by Marcus Baugh, TE.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL! The idiot tossed the ball before he crossed the line!!

He's got lucky....that looked like it could have been called a forward pass. Stupid replay ref! That was short out the goal line!

LargentFan

Reaction score
My brother and I decided to go all in on this league to see how much fun we have watching. So far, so good. I'm liking it.

Before the season started, we decided to pick favorite teams based solely on the uniforms/logos. No looking at rosters or coaches. He picked the San Diego Fleet and I picked the Orlando Apollos. Lucky choice on my part. If I had looked at coaches, I likely would have chosen Memphis because I really like Mike Singletary.

Anyway, I hope the league catches on.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I haven’t gone all in but I have watched a bit of it. I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen. The biggest question I take away from it is how much will this league help guys get to or back to the NFL? I’m sure Pete and John are watching intently. No stone unturned...

Seafan

Reaction score
I took my family Saturday night to the Commanders game. San Antonio set a league record for attendance with 30K+ fans. People in my section kept working on getting a wave started and it finally rolled around the stadium. The game was a lot of fun. My kids and I have been following all season. When watching these games it's cool seeing all the former Hawks.

Last night was fun watching Johnny Manziel get some playing time and watching the OT for AAF. Hope the league survives.

Reaction score
I love it! Watch it every weekend! It's more football leading right up to the draft! Just wish it had more teams in it! Hope it merges with xfl! You got some guys who can play in this league. Talented and knowledgeable coaching staffs. I'm loving it don't know if they are making money or any kind of profit Hope it works out. I know the Carolina Hurricanes owner just invested a huge sum of money. There is deffenitly a need for it so these guys may have a chance to make it in the nfl. You got a lot of ex nflers playing in it. It's Hard to get reps if ur not a starter in the nfl and it is giving them good simulation football reps hope it sticks around. Keeping my fingers crossed that the xfl doesn't ruin it if both of them were smart they would merge. I would take it over Canadian or arena any day of the week. I'm just a fan of football n I wish it the best of luck!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think the NFL could learn some things by watching Rules and plays in AAF, then implementing them in the NFL.

I hope it survives too, I love a good 2nd chance story :)

LargentFan

Reaction score
Here's my fantasy scenario for the AAF...It won't happen, but imagine!

AAF continues to gain in popularity and maintains its relationship with the NFL.

XFL launches next year...some rules differences, but basically the same idea. Another feeder league for the NFL.

Eventually, the NFL allows practice squad players to sign with AAF or XFL teams. Get some reps for the younger guys. Maybe they have decals on the backs of their helmets to show which NFL team has their rights. Extend the draft by a few rounds. Rounds eight through whatever are run by the AAF and XFL with players retaining their right to sign with any NFL team at any time.

Fast forward a few years...The AAF and the XFL are doing alright...they merge, AFL/NFL style. Now you have a 16-team development league for players, coaches, officials, new rule changes...
Their championship game can be called the OK Bowl or something. I don't know.
It would be amazing.

A guy can dream, right?

Reaction score
LargentFan":1uaqazlv said:
Here's my fantasy scenario for the AAF...It won't happen, but imagine!

AAF continues to gain in popularity and maintains its relationship with the NFL.

XFL launches next year...some rules differences, but basically the same idea. Another feeder league for the NFL.

Eventually, the NFL allows practice squad players to sign with AAF or XFL teams. Get some reps for the younger guys. Maybe they have decals on the backs of their helmets to show which NFL team has their rights. Extend the draft by a few rounds. Rounds eight through whatever are run by the AAF and XFL with players retaining their right to sign with any NFL team at any time.

Fast forward a few years...The AAF and the XFL are doing alright...they merge, AFL/NFL style. Now you have a 16-team development league for players, coaches, officials, new rule changes...
Their championship game can be called the OK Bowl or something. I don't know.
It would be amazing.

A guy can dream, right?
That is exactly what the AAF is fighting for n I'm hearing if it doesn't happen it may fold after one year! Not the merge with the xfl but being able to have practice guys play in their league. I hope it happens have teams in the general areas near buffalo Rochester etc etc I would love that too! Then I think fans of the nfl would be much more interested in seeing what their minor team is doing! Remember how the euro football league use to have the decals that own the rights to the player! I say all 32 teams have one minor league team in the gerographical location again Green Bay will be Milwaukee and I think u have the making of something beautiful! like seattle will be Portland Newyork Newark Njjor Trenton etc etc! There is money n an interest in it if set up the right way! If baseball can do it the mighty nfl should be able to do it too! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

sutz

Reaction score
Spring football is a tough sell. To much competition, sports-wise.

chris98251

Reaction score
They need an agreement up front with the NFL and players union before attempting to do what they tried to do, hoping to get one on the fly was a bad decision, also they left all the players stranded and on the hook for their medical bills as well. Lawsuits coming.

Osprey

Reaction score
chris98251":2y5uaq9v said:
They need an agreement up front with the NFL and players union before attempting to do what they tried to do, hoping to get one on the fly was a bad decision, also they left all the players stranded and on the hook for their medical bills as well. Lawsuits coming.
With so many NFL connected folks involved I’m amazed they didn’t have some type of deal in place to transition to an affiliated feeder league if popularity was high enough.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I actually had thought this league did have affiliation with the NFL given how much overlap there seemed to be.

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":tggthbdg said:
I actually had thought this league did have affiliation with the NFL given how much overlap there seemed to be.

They were trying to market themselves as a developmental feeder league hoping to get financial assistance from the NFL to help support them. Problem is they didn't get it done before they started the league and we are where we are.

Reaction score
Sucks man! I enjoyed it as stated in the previous post. There is a way n I don't think spring football is a tuff sell! U affiliated with the nfl teams each team have a team in its general location practice squad players and maybe 5 to 10 players that have future contacts affiliated with those nfl teams n I would watch it all day! But I did uncross my fingers smh microcosm of life sometimes things just ain't right! Let dreams got flushed down the toilet!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Well that was a bust. To not even complete the regular season is pretty bad. I don't think the NFL wants anything to do with a developmental league either. They tried for years with NFL Europe (originally the WLAF) and that ultimately failed as well.

And I'm not sure the NFLPA wants some of their guys getting injured in another league before getting the chance to compete for an NFL job. Coupled with fans inevitably losing interest as spring carries on, these startup leagues are destined for failure.

chris98251

Reaction score
AFL did it the only way you could, compete directly have money to sign NFL Players and stars and then put a product on the filed that was entertaining and quality football. Those of you that are all in about the passing league can thank the AFL for that.

Out of season leagues sound good on paper but your competing with other sports as well as the NFL.

When you have a league like the AFL that pushed into the markets and just about then TV also was growing with the league you get the NFL's attention.