Hope ya like autopsies!

mrt144

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... reviewable

The NFL owners voted on Tuesday evening to approve a rule proposal that allows for offensive and defensive pass interference, including non-calls, to be subject to review.

Coaches can challenge those calls in the first 28 minutes of each half. In the final two minutes of each half, those calls will be subject to a booth review.

This rule change is only for the 2019 season.

Kinda serious, feels like we're going to be watching a 5 hour autopsy of football plays. Yes it conforms within the current challenge structure and there's no challenges within 2 minutes but man, I just pray this doesn't result in something objectively awful transpiring (It will!)

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah, but if they challenge like we do our red flags will be used up. You can only challenge so much and I have yet to see where they expanded the amount of challenges.

sutz

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping for a new spinoff: NCIS:NFL

:twisted:

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
sutz":3f2s3ldn said:
Damn, I was hoping for a new spinoff: NCIS:NFL

:twisted:

Every play is shown in excruciating detail to some nostalgic-tinged song from the late 70s/early 80s

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
chris98251":cv79r4pf said:
Yeah, but if they challenge like we do our red flags will be used up. You can only challenge so much and I have yet to see where they expanded the amount of challenges.

Totally, but my god, it's going to devolve into a game of 'WILL HE USE IT ON THAT OBVIOUS NON CALL". Like, it's fake intrigue. It's about at any point in the game, will the coach put an obvious injustice up for debate? I wanna see players making plays, not coaching drama.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This is all fine, and good, but it wouldn't have helped the Saints in that game or many other ref transgressions that happen over the season. This game was the result of a non-call, of blatant inaction rather than referee interference. It happened right in front of a refs face, and it was clear as day. The DB tackled the receiver before the ball even got there if I remember correctly. No flag was called.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This will be great.

Well, that is of course, until the blantant missed call happens without any challenges left. At least it’s a start and it shows they want to fix something they now admit is a problem.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if a team is down big late it the game, if they just chuck it deep knowing they can challe ge and get a free 50 yards because there will definitely be PI they can challenge.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":e0tjw2jq said:
Will be interesting to see if a team is down big late it the game, if they just chuck it deep knowing they can challe ge and get a free 50 yards because there will definitely be PI they can challenge.

That is crackerjack meta gaming that might work twice out of 16 times. If you have a gameplan predicated on this, you are lacking somewhere, and it starts at HC.

ivotuk

Reaction score
mrt144":3rrc4znc said:
XxXdragonXxX":3rrc4znc said:

That is crackerjack meta gaming that might work twice out of 16 times. If you have a gameplan predicated on this, you are lacking somewhere, and it starts at HC.

Nobody has a gameplan predicated on such a thing. It's just an expansion on an already well used tactic. QB's have been throwing it down the field in desperation and hope of a DPI since the 60's. This will only make the chances of getting that DPI higher.

It's silly rule because, if I understand it correctly, it does NOT address a missed DPI.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2o1mg2dl said:
I understand, but let's be honest. This is a response to the ire when the Saints got robbed.

The 32 NFL owners that voted for this are primarily concerned with the Saints?

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
ivotuk":2eo8myul said:
mrt144":2eo8myul said:
XxXdragonXxX":2eo8myul said:

Nobody has a gameplan predicated on such a thing. It's just an expansion on an already well used tactic. QB's have been throwing it down the field in desperation and hope of a DPI since the 60's. This will only make the chances of getting that DPI higher.

It's silly rule because, if I understand it correctly, it does NOT address a missed DPI.

Joe Flacco's Ravens, when they weren't running the ball, were praying for some of that Ole Flacco DPI Drawing Magic.