Cards trade Rosen to Dolphins.

Maulbert

Reaction score
For the Dolphins 2nd rounder, #48 overall, but the Dolphins apparently want a pick back because they feel a 2nd for Rosen is too slanted towards the Cardinals. :lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/reports-arizona-will-trade-josh-rosen-to-the-miami-dolphins-183203051.html

I love it. The Cards gave up a 3rd and 5th last year to move up and take Rosen, and are now willing to ship another pick for a 2nd rounder just to be rid of him. For the record, that's effectively a 1st, 3rd, 5th, and another pick for a 2nd rounder.

Wasn't Steve Keim supposed to be some kind of wizard? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

evergreen

Reaction score
Bleed those assets Bird brains. Let the dessert take over!

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1121948644373037056[/tweet]

Good lord. Miami dealt back and STILL got an extra 5th rounder along with Rosen.

For those keeping track, the Cardinals essentially traded a 1st, 3rd, and two 5th rounders for one late 2nd rounder. Wow. Just wow.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1121950965744263168[/tweet]

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Maulbert":306auxgi said:
ClutchDJ":306auxgi said:

Still not worth it.
It’s a possibility that Rosen could actually be bad.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":1b1liod1 said:
Maulbert":1b1liod1 said:
ClutchDJ":1b1liod1 said:

Still not worth it.
It’s a possibility that Rosen could actually be bad.

Clarification: I don't mean dealing Rosen isn't worth it. I mean the broad picture. The Cards effectively dealt a 1, 3, and 5 for a 2 and a 5 back. Those are losing numbers.

mikeak

Reaction score
The thing is Rosen had a horrible O-line, a fired offensive head coach and a fired head coach

How do we know if he is good or bad. Go look at Goff rookie year vs the years with new coaches.

I don't get this deal at all simply because they got peanuts in return. I rather sit in him as tradable backup. Give him pre-season reps and tell him shut up, play hard and we will trade you like you want. Want for the inevitable injury and teams start calling.

rlkats

Reaction score
I think behind a better o-line Rosen can be average to good. He didn’t get a fair shot, but then again the coach didn’t either.

toffee

Reaction score
In three years, Murray will move on to MLB, Kingsbury will look for job.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tciht2i said:
Only QB drafted in the first round since the merger in 1970 to be traded after one season. Ouch.

He never played a down for the Cardinals because he held out, but Kelly Stouffer was drafted in the 1st in 1987 then traded days before the draft in 1988.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Maulbert":14qmyjy3 said:
RolandDeschain":14qmyjy3 said:
Only QB drafted in the first round since the merger in 1970 to be traded after one season. Ouch.

He never played a down for the Cardinals because he held out, but Kelly Stouffer was drafted in the 1st in 1987 then traded days before the draft in 1988.
I heard it on ESPN radio; not taking credit for its accuracy.

Either way, it's still an ouch.

Threedee

Reaction score
Rosen is still an upgrade over what Miami has been dealing with at QB lately. Low cost upgrade for them at Arizona's expense.

kf3339

Reaction score
mikeak":q07vurq9 said:
The thing is Rosen had a horrible O-line, a fired offensive head coach and a fired head coach

How do we know if he is good or bad. Go look at Goff rookie year vs the years with new coaches.

I don't get this deal at all simply because they got peanuts in return. I rather sit in him as tradable backup. Give him pre-season reps and tell him shut up, play hard and we will trade you like you want. Want for the inevitable injury and teams start calling.

^This.

I remember many saying Rosen was the most pro ready Qb in that draft and some are already ready to give up on him. The Cards are a crap franchise with no clear direction. Not the kids fault that they don't know how to put together a real team.

Hope he has great luck in Miami and expect Murray to fail at this level.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I'm with mikeak and kf3339, Rosen had the worst o-line in the league last year. I would have held on to him as a backup, got him as many reps as possible "in the name of QB competition" and then use him as a trading piece through the majority of the season or hold on to him as someone who can step in and play if Murray gets hurt.

Rosen could end up being awful, but he also didn't get a fair shake to get moved like he was IMO.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It could be that the Cards realized he just sucks and not going to be
much of anything .
I don't know but the guy sure did get paid..I cannot feel sorry for him.
He gets to live in Miami and probaly will suck there too as the odds
are against him.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i could have sworn that whenever i were watching this guy, he was a baller. maybe it isn't so.

either way, getting rid of him after one season is odd, imo.

miami wins this deal.

apparently the new cardinals' coach doesn't feel he can work with just any qb...