Gerald McCoy?

knownone

Reaction score
He'd be intriguing as a rotational pass rusher / spot starter. I'd rather have Suh because he's a more versatile all-around player.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If the price was right, hell yes. He has a major chip right now, and his attitude is likely a lot better than Suh. And he'd come cheaper I would think. And of course we play the Bucs this year :irishdrinkers:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Screw waiting for him to get cut....I’d trade for him now. Probably a 3rd and a late round pick would do the trick. Heck even throw in Quinton Jefferson or Naz Jones. McCoy would be almost Aaron Donald like in this defense. Plus the Seahawks would finally have a bonafide pass rusher in the middle. Not only one but two of them, Reed and McCoy.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2oci1ods said:
Screw waiting for him to get cut....I’d trade for him now. Probably a 3rd and a late round pick would do the trick. Heck even throw in Quinton Jefferson or Naz Jones. McCoy would be almost Aaron Donald like in this defense. Plus the Seahawks would finally have a bonafide pass rusher in the middle. Not only one but two of them, Reed and McCoy.

with cut of Baldwin and Kam, we may be able to afford him.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I am all in on McCoy or a guy like Muhammad Wilkerson. I think either of those guys could anchor the 5T DE opposite the Leo this year and then slide inside with Reed on 3rd downs like we used Bennett a lot of times and take some of the pressure off the younger guys. Not that I don't want to play the young guys and see what we have, but lineman take a couple of years usually to realize there potential. If they think they are a SB contender this year I don't think you can rely on Collier or Green to be that guy this year, and Jefferson is a solid rotational guy but not a starter imo.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
DJrmb":etrjzet8 said:
I am all in on McCoy or a guy like Muhammad Wilkerson. I think either of those guys could anchor the 5T DE opposite the Leo this year and then slide inside with Reed on 3rd downs like we used Bennett a lot of times and take some of the pressure off the younger guys. Not that I don't want to play the young guys and see what we have, but lineman take a couple of years usually to realize there potential. If they think they are a SB contender this year I don't think you can rely on Collier or Green to be that guy this year, and Jefferson is a solid rotational guy but not a starter imo.

If the trade of Clark got us McCoy, Ziggy, and Collier in return, it ain't bad.

knownone

Reaction score
Largent80":1gli5qx8 said:
He can do better than 905 sacks, that's pathetic.
I'd take 100+ sacks per season but only if he's a decent run stopper.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he just got cut today. nobody wanted to take on his salary so no trade takers. Might be a bargain.

Gormanimal

Reaction score
First reported Tampa Bay Times

"TAMPA, Fla. -- After unsuccessful attempts to trade him, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have "mutually parted ways" with defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, the team said in a statement."

Seattle is still looking to solidify. Thoughts?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
We should so sign him. Him and Ziggy and Reed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk