Dion Jordan faces PED suspension

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Clayton made it sound like it was a clerical error, he let his paperwork to the NFL on his prescription expire.

knownone

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":x0qd4mqy said:
Clayton made it sound like it was a clerical error, he let his paperwork to the NFL on his prescription expire.
Kareem Hunt kicks woman, 8 game suspension. Dion Jordan lets paper work expire on a prescription, 10 game suspension.

I wonder if there is a video of Dion forgetting to renew his prescription out there, so the NFL is afraid to come down lightly on him should that video see the light of day. I've heard the backlash from the pharmacological accounting circles can be pretty brutal over these issues, better to play it safe I guess.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
knownone":e7dhbp33 said:
Sports Hernia":e7dhbp33 said:
Kareem Hunt kicks woman, 8 game suspension. Dion Jordan lets paper work expire on a prescription, 10 game suspension.

I wonder if there is a video of Dion forgetting to renew his prescription out there, so the NFL is afraid to come down lightly on him should that video see the light of day. I've heard the backlash from the pharmacological accounting circles can be pretty brutal over these issues, better to play it safe I guess.

I agree the league seems heavy handed but Dion has used up a lot of his muligans

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good grief, a guy with ADD forgets to handle his paperwork, because he forgot to pick up his Adderall prescription, then finally remembers to pick it up, but forgets to take it, and of course then forgets to file his paperwork for it.

10 games seems a little, no, a LOT harsh for this type of scenario. FYI my comments on the scenario were speculation, not fact.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Was just thinking the same thing. This league is so backwards on what suspensions they put out there. Beat the living crap out of your wife or girlfriend get 4-6 games. Do something like this and get 10? What the?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Three things about this:

1) Jordan didn't get a 10 game suspension for just not renewing his adderall prescription (if he ever had one, and if the PED was in fact adderall -- more on this below). For him to get a 10 game suspension he had to have:

a) Violated the leaague's drug policy:
b) Violated it a second time in the next 90 days
c) Violated it again
d) Violated it again
e) Violated it again.

2) In the article Jordan said that he knew he was in violation of it when doing it. So even according to Jordan he knowingly did something that at his advanced stage in the policy would lead to a 10 game suspension.

3) That he had a prescription and that the suspension is for Adderall (which is a stimulant, which is why it's a performance enhancing drug) is something we have to entirely take on the word of Jordan and his agent. As per the CBA the NFL doesn't release WHICH performance enhancing drug a player was using, which is why whenever anyone gets popped for a PED, it somehow magically is always "just adderall" and a prescription issue.

That doesn't mean it wasn't in this case, but given that it's always a variation on this story according the player and their agent, I wouldn't take it on fact that this is what it was.

Latest posts