NFL 100 Year Poster

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is the poster the NFL decided to roll out for it's 100th year anniversary. Bosworth for the Hawks? WTF?.......and they made him look like an albino. Great job NFL.

D7pwwUJXoAUFZlb

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Nice 4th grade project, to be honest. 4th graders have a bit more creative talent than they used to.

Dan Marino looks a bit like the Einhorn version of Finkle but with lighter hair, and the two Tom Bradys (before and after) are a nice touch.

Also, putting both Ray Lewis and Michael Vick in the poster is a criminally underrated move.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":xv1j5cct said:
Nice 4th grade project, to be honest. 4th graders have a bit more creative talent than they used to.

Dan Marino looks a bit like the Einhorn version of Finkle but with lighter hair, and the two Tom Bradys (before and after) are a nice touch.

Also, putting both Ray Lewis and Michael Vick in the poster is a criminally underrated move.

Yeah, MANY questionable choices. Why even put guys like Vick and Bosworth in the poster? What could possibly be the rationale?

And of course Brady had to be front and center.......cause nothing NFL fans outside of NE love more than having the Patriots shoved down our throats at every possible turn.

James in PA

Reaction score
I think the 2nd Tom Brady you’re referring to is supposed to be Jim Kelly. This poster is, nonetheless, ridiculous . How you don’t have Largent, Tez, Big Walt or Russ as the face of the Hawks is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
James in PA":3vuu7fqd said:
I think the 2nd Tom Brady you’re referring to is supposed to be Jim Kelly. This poster is, nonetheless, ridiculous . How you don’t have Largent, Tez, Big Walt or Russ as the face of the Hawks is a joke.

Naw, number 56 is the Bills player.

And number 33 is old school Cardinals, which makes me wonder why they also have Larry Fitzgerald in the picture.

HawkGA

Reaction score
If I were making a list of the Seahawks who should be representing the team on the poster, The Box would be way, way down the list.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Nice to see Rice make it over Montana, which is the correct decision.

Cunningham over White is a weird decision.

This is clearly a homage to the late 80s/early 90s cartoon style. It's nice. I like it.

Bosworth is on there because he has a distinctive look. Honestly as a non-Hawks fan save for Alexander he's probably the only Seahawk not from this era that I could identify by picture alone. It's not that complicated.

LOL at caring about this poster tho.

If you want to learn how to not take this too seriously, the Steelers have won six super bowls and for them it's Juju Smith Schuster :lol: .

Osprey

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2xli9yqd said:
And number 33 is old school Cardinals, which makes me wonder why they also have Larry Fitzgerald in the picture.

Sammy Baugh, Redskins

Lithium

Reaction score
hmm. no offense to anyone but some people seem to just love to complain. its a fun poster, i was looking for the seahawk player and when i saw boz i was like "oh cool, didnt think anyone besides hawk fans even knew who he was"

its not meant to pick the best player on each team. i think the animations and faces are awesome. sweet old haircuts and head gear...personalities was the big key i think. pretty sweet

Osprey

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3ncwbgc8 said:
Nicely done :lol:

Should have put Deion in the Falcon jersey, way more deserving Cowgirls to choose from. Hard to argue with Lewis even with the bloody suit issues.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Bosworth himself tweeted about this, stating "understand not the obvious choice from so many great @seahawks part/present"....... "proud to know once a hawk always a hawk".
I think he understands it should have been Largent.
They are cartoon characters. Who was THE biggest "character" on the Hawks? BOZ was.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":2mm8q9wo said:
Bosworth himself tweeted about this, stating "understand not the obvious choice from so many great @seahawks part/present"....... "proud to know once a hawk always a hawk".
I think he understands it should have been Largent.
They are cartoon characters. Who was THE biggest "character" on the Hawks? BOZ was.

Biggest "character?" I'd put Marshawn Lynch above Boz for both that and for being on the poster. Boz just bragged and then couldn't deliver when his body gave out. Lynch gave us drama (of the good kind) both on and off the field. Should have been Largent, but if we're talking "characters.," then Lynch takes it.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26x8ei0g said:

This is clearly a homage to the late 80s/early 90s cartoon style. It's nice. I like it.

Bosworth is on there because he has a distinctive look. Honestly as a non-Hawks fan save for Alexander he's probably the only Seahawk not from this era that I could identify by picture alone. It's not that complicated.

If you want to learn how to not take this too seriously, the Steelers have won six super bowls and for them it's Juju Smith Schuster :lol: .

C'mon man, Lynch is not only distinctive looking, but he's far more well known especially if they're going after a younger demo with this poster............which obviously they are if they're putting guys on here like Kamara, Mahomes, Vick and Ladainian Tomlinson over better players on those teams.

Boz is just a terrible choice. Largent, Lynch, Russell, Sherman, Kam, Jacob Green, Easley.......I could go on and on over who should be ahead of him for the Hawks.

TreeRon

Reaction score
If they're celebrating 100 years then where's Chuck Bednarik , Dick Butkus, Crazy Legs, Paul Hornung, Lance Alworth and so on. Let's get some leather helmets on there!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Lithium":2qnvd75z said:
hmm. no offense to anyone but some people seem to just love to complain. its a fun poster, i was looking for the seahawk player and when i saw boz i was like "oh cool, didnt think anyone besides hawk fans even knew who he was"

its not meant to pick the best player on each team. i think the animations and faces are awesome. sweet old haircuts and head gear...personalities was the big key i think. pretty sweet

You seriously didn't think anyone besides Hawk fans knew who Boz was? Relatively speaking considering the changes to the media, he might be the most famous college football player ever.

Lithium

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1geqhqdx said:
Lithium":1geqhqdx said:

You seriously didn't think anyone besides Hawk fans knew who Boz was? Relatively speaking considering the changes to the media, he might be the most famous college football player ever.

I guess I was thinking more of the newer generation. You know, the people who don't know what a landline is.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1raoqajb said:
James in PA":1raoqajb said:

Naw, number 56 is the Bills player.

Lol 56 is LT mate. Please don’t further the stereotype that 12’s came into existence in 2012 hehehe. Just kidding.

But seriously, 56 is a Giant. Probably the best pass rushing OLB that ever lived. And 12 on the righr is Kelly. One per team.

Oh and 33 is Sammy Baugh of the Redskins.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31yy1hat said:
Popeyejones":31yy1hat said:

C'mon man, Lynch is not only distinctive looking, but he's far more well known especially if they're going after a younger demo with this poster............which obviously they are if they're putting guys on here like Kamara, Mahomes, Vick and Ladainian Tomlinson over better players on those teams.

Boz is just a terrible choice. Largent, Lynch, Russell, Sherman, Kam, Jacob Green, Easley.......I could go on and on over who should be ahead of him for the Hawks.

Yeah, sure, I have no problem with saying Lynch should be on there.

I just don't really think there's much to any of this.

If we're going to be debating over who to include, the Steelers have won five Super Bowls, have as many distinctive players as anybody, and they put JuJu Smitch Schuster on there. :lol:

Any complaint anyone wants to make has to be in the context of that. :D